News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dead phone ports on OBi202

Started by bediddleby, July 29, 2014, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bediddleby

I'm using an OBi202 with both phone ports configured to work with voip.ms. At some point in the last week one line quit working, then a couple days later, so did the second line. No configuration changes were made - I wasn't even in town and no one else messes with it. From everything I can see - via OBiTalk and on the device itself, it's online; both lines show as registered. However, I get no dial tone from either port. I've upgraded firmware, rebooted a couple times of course, and tried an analog phone directly into both ports. Nothing, not even DTMF tones. I can't even dial commands that work directly with the OBi, like the 222... test number.

Is it likely hardware? Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

cluckercreek

Try the "hard reset" by inserting a paper clip in the tiny hole on the bottom. The instruction for this is included on the quick set up card for the Obi's.

drgeoff

Quote from: cluckercreek on July 29, 2014, 12:05:04 PM
Try the "hard reset" by inserting a paper clip in the tiny hole on the bottom. The instruction for this is included on the quick set up card for the Obi's.
This reset wipes all your configuration data and passwords.  Make sure you have the required info to re-enter them.

cluckercreek

Quote from: drgeoff on July 29, 2014, 03:23:57 PM
Quote from: cluckercreek on July 29, 2014, 12:05:04 PM
This reset wipes all your configuration data and passwords.  Make sure you have the required info to re-enter them.

You are correct on that point. I should have mentioned that in my post.