News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

UK. Using wireless telephones.

Started by Ampers, July 24, 2014, 02:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ampers

I use a Siemens Gigaset system in my home.

Not sure how to set it up with my OBI202.

Phone wire comes in to Gigaset box. There is NO phone outlet in the Gigaset main box to the OBI202.

Does this mean my £135 phone in my Lounge cannot work with the 202? :-{

I have an OBILine but that doesn't solve anything here.

MarkObihai

Hi Ampers, first, which Gigaset handset are you using? 

When you say the phone wire comes into the Gigaset box, does this wire connect to your BT wall jack?

The usual topology to for an analogue phone with the OBi and BT line would be to connect the analogue phone to the OBi and then connect the BT line to the OBiLINE.  Any further details you can give about your setup will certainly help to solve the problem.

- Mark.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

Ampers

I'm using the Gigaset SL910A

This wire connect to the BT wall jack

I'll try this and see what happens.

Wall jack to OBILine
Gigaset to Phone 1 or Phone 2 of the OBI202, right?

MarkObihai

I just checked the user guide for that model, so what you want to do is get the phone cable that came with the OBi202 and plug that from phone port 1 on the OBi to the phone port on the Gigaset base (removing the existing phone cable that is plugged into the gigaset).  This will ensure the correct connector pins are used between the OBi and the Gigaset (some UK phone cables are wired differently).

Then connect the OBiLINE to the wall jack - you can likely reuse the existing cable plugged into the walljack for this task.  You will also want to ensure you load the UK configuration settings onto the device, so that way it behaves correctly with UK numbers and progress tones.  The configuration xml is here:  http://www.obihai.com/docs/UK-Config-Final-11APR14.xml  please send me a personal message if you need assistance loading this onto the OBi.

Ampers

Thanks for that. Working now.

Small problem with the xml file but it doesn't matter now. For your convenience I've attached a printout.

I'll run this in parallel with my broandband's inclusive phone account and if happy, will cancel the £11 plus phone bill for the all=in local and national calls, about $19, in a couple of weeks.

Ampers

WelshPaul

They had an old XML file up, which contained a minor error, I emailed mark a couple of days ago about it. It has since been updated.

For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

MarkObihai