News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Only 2 of 3 house phones work with OBI110, is there a max?

Started by noHatNoCattle, July 25, 2014, 08:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noHatNoCattle

In my house, I have 3 phones in 3 different rooms. I have the OBI110 "phone port" connected to a phone jack in my house.    Only 2 of my 3 phones work.  Is 2 the max number of phones that work with OBI110?  I found in the OBI110 documentation the following:

Maximum Ring Load                 5 REN (Ringer Equivalence Number)

Does that mean a maximum of 5 phones are supported?

Any ideas why my 3rd phone doesn't work (no dial tone)?

Thank you in advance for any help.

HDFLucky

If you disconnect one of the two working phones, does the third one then start working? If not, it suggests a wiring problem, or in the case of wireless phones, some issue with communicating between the handset and base. There is not a 1-to-1 relationship between number of phones and REN. There should be a label on the phone or a statement in the owner manual, specifying its REN value.

noHatNoCattle

Quote from: HDFLucky on July 25, 2014, 08:35:07 AM
If you disconnect one of the two working phones, does the third one then start working? If not, it suggests a wiring problem, or in the case of wireless phones, some issue with communicating between the handset and base. There is not a 1-to-1 relationship between number of phones and REN. There should be a label on the phone or a statement in the owner manual, specifying its REN value.

The phone that wasn't working is wireless the other 2 are wired phones.  Not sure why but after unplugging and plugging in the one wireless phone and one wired phone, all 3 phones work now !!

Thanks for the help HDFLucky !!

zorlac