News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202-3-0-1-4412 Firmware Available.

Started by gderf, July 30, 2014, 07:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFC3261

Quote from: gderf on July 31, 2014, 06:41:52 AM
Release notes? Not yet

And still no acknowledgement in the official firmware forum.  I wonder if the new firmware is related, in any way, to their new IP phone release.

Trev

The IP phone seems to run a different firmware than the 202s, not really surprising.

So there's three firmwares now:

One for 100/110
Another for 200/202/300/302
And of course the IP phone, 1032

So I doubt this update has much to do with the IP phones, unless it's to implement new interoperability features of some kind.
In Canada and looking for an OBi?
https://www.acrovoice.ca/obistore/

giqcass

Quote from: Trev on August 18, 2014, 01:34:57 PM
The IP phone seems to run a different firmware than the 202s, not really surprising.

So there's three firmwares now:

One for 100/110
Another for 200/202/300/302
And of course the IP phone, 1032

So I doubt this update has much to do with the IP phones, unless it's to implement new interoperability features of some kind.
You forgot the 500 series firmware.  That's a business style PBx.  There will be 2 models of the Obi IP phone coming out if they stick to the plan.
1xx series
2xx series (302 is a locked 202 without GV)
5xx series
Obi10xx series?
Long live our new ObiLords!

dircom

right, the Obi1032, followed by
Obi 1062 (with Gigabit-ethernet, built in wifi and bluetooth)

giqcass

Quote from: dircom on August 18, 2014, 06:16:29 PM
right, the Obi1032, followed by
Obi 1062 (with Gigabit-ethernet, built in wifi and bluetooth)
Yeah I read the datasheet just after I posted.  These look very interesting.  I also went through the demo UI.
Long live our new ObiLords!

SteveInWA

I don't have the change log, but I can clarify the speculation: 

One significant change in this release (and, by "this release", I am referring to the set of releases corresponding to each individual ATA, not just 4412), is the introduction of OAUTH 2.0 authentication for Google accounts, which is a security upgrade.  This change applies to the OBi products that access Google:  the 1xx and 2xx ATAs and the new IP phone.

You can read about it in my post here: 

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8443.msg55493#msg55493

Note also:  On the OBi 110 (and I assume on the 100, although I don't have a sample to test), if you dial ***6, you may hear that a firmware update is NOT available.  But, the OAUTH change is actually pushed automatically when a user adds (or deletes and re-adds) a GV account to one of the SP slots.  You can confirm that this has been pushed by the change of the auto-attendant voice from male to female.

BigJim_McD

RE:  "But, the OAUTH change is actually pushed automatically when a user adds (or deletes and re-adds) a GV account to one of the SP slots."

The update is also triggered when updating the configuration on an existing Google Voice account.  I was prompted to update the firmware on my OBi201, OBi110 and OBi100 when I updated the configuration a few days ago.
BigJimMcD

SteveInWA

At this point, I would strongly encourage everyone who has not already done so, to go through the update. The easiest way to do this, if you have not done it via another method, is to delete your GV configuration, and then add it again.

This will remove your user ID and password from your OBi device and from the portal, and will instead authenticate via the more secure OAUTH method.

ceg3

Just be aware that after the update MWI will no longer work, though I don't know if it still works for OBi's not yet updated.

Marc

The new firmware seems to have broken the OBi PhonePower .  It keeps erroring out.  I've deleted and resynced a half dozen times already.  But no problems with GV, works perfectly and I love the ease of the new OAuth support.

I have two GV lines connected along with 4 CallCallcentric ones on the OBi 1032.  Loving this phone so far, but haven't spent anytime digging through the options.  Sound quality on both handset and speakerphone are just as good as high end Cisco VOIP phones at a fraction of the cost.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.