News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callback without auto-attendant answers

Started by yhfung, May 09, 2011, 08:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yhfung

This feature has already appeared in some maintance versions but it IS NOT included in the recent firmware update Obi-1-2-1-2283.fw.

I would like to know when will this feature avaiable.

I do not know whether it is possible to send outbound calls via SP1/2 without using the default trunk.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

obi-support2

It is included in 1.2.1(2283).
Please give it a try. Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff

plugger2

Quote from: yhfung on May 09, 2011, 08:45:19 PM
This feature has already appeared in some maintance versions but it IS NOT included in the recent firmware update Obi-1-2-1-2283.fw.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Callback without auto-attendant answers". Do you mean that when the Obi calls you back, you skip the 3-option AA menu, and go straight to the second stage dialling option? (as I had suggested in this thread):

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=472.0

or do you mean something else?

yhfung

Quote from: obi-support2 on May 09, 2011, 09:41:25 PM
It is included in 1.2.1(2283).
Please give it a try. Thank you.

It is confirmed this feature is okay for HK PSTN. However it did not work in this morning when I was in Shenzhen China.

I shall retest it again when go to China again.

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

yhfung

plugger2,

Before this official release of firmware OBi-1-2-1-2283.fw, if your phone numbers have been registered as trusted numbers in your OBi device, whenever the registered telephone numbers call the OBi device, if the OBi answers the call, it will enter the auto-attendant. If the call is hung up before the OBi auto-attendant answers, then nothing will happen.

With this added feature, the registered telephone number will be called by the OBi device even the auto-attendant does not answer the call.

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

QBZappy

yhfung,

Hi, Do you mean it is not necessary to have this in the
Voice Services>SP1 Service>X_InboundCallRoute
{(5145551234):aa($1)},{ph}

Simply putting the number '5145551234' in the COT will accomplish a callback?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

yhfung

QBZappy,

My primary (default trunk) line is the PSTN fixed line connecting to the LINE Port of my OBi110. After I have put my mobile phone number as my COT, my LINE Port InboundCallRoute becomes {(<**8>(96332211)):aa($1)},{ph}.

YH

www.telecom-cafe.com

QBZappy

yhfung,

Hi, Thank you for clearing that up.
I guess that means every telephone number you setup in the COT will automatically be configured as a callback. Is that a good thing to have? Do we want potential call backs to international destinations if we are not careful with this setup? You have to know what you are doing with this configuration. It is more obvious to the system admin when you setup the few callback numbers that you need directly in the OBi web page.

I can see how this can be useful for some, however overall I'm not convinced this is a good feature if that is the case. I would have liked to see it setup as a Wizard. The Wizards in the portal are modular, you pick what you like, and it is more obvious. Too bad there hasn't been any new developments with the Wizards in long time.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

yhfung

QBZappy,

Only the OBi device owner allows which numbers to be the COT, as a result, other telephone numbers would not have this service.

I agree with you that this feature will not give any benefit in some place, for instance in Hong Kong. However when the OBi110 device is installed in some countries, for instance Mainland China with a subscription of the "E9" plan from China Telecom, you will be given a fixed PSTN line (denoted by PSTN1) and a mobile phone (denoted by Cell1). Calls between PSTN1 and Cell1 is free within the city. In order to let you undertand the whole situation, I would like to give you different ways of making/receive calls between PSTN1 and Cell1.

1) Supposed PSTN1 is installed in Shenzhen (southern part of Mainland China)

2) PSTN1 calls Cell1 for free no matter the location of Cell1 (all over Mainland China)

3) If Cell1 in Shenzhen calls PSTN1 for free.

4) If Cell1 in other cities (e.g. Beijng) calls PSTN1, certain amount of telephone charge will be imposed

With the new feature, the charge in 4) will be eliminated since PSTN1 will call back Cell1 after Cell1 hangs up.

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

plugger2

Quote from: yhfung on May 10, 2011, 07:16:21 AM
With this added feature, the registered telephone number will be called by the OBi device even the auto-attendant does not answer the call.

That feature has been enabled for some time. My request was actually to refine this feature further, by (optionally) eliminating the AA menu when you answer the callback, and have the Obi prompt you for the second stage dialling number immediately. 

obi-support2

To clarify, yhfung was referring to a bug in the previous f/w where the
callback feature does not work if the incoming call in on the PSTN Line.
This is fixed in the current release.
OBIHAI Support Staff