News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Endpoints

Started by Blacky, August 28, 2011, 10:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacky

What is the max of OBi endpoints I can have in my obitalk.com account?

ShermanObi

50 endpoints is the limit.

rmclaren

Please remind me how to add endpoints.  I have OBION on my iPad as an endpoint, I'd also like to have my iPod Touch as an endpoint.

jimates

Quote from: rmclaren on September 06, 2012, 09:19:33 AM
Please remind me how to add endpoints.  I have OBION on my iPad as an endpoint, I'd also like to have my iPod Touch as an endpoint.
Each Obitalk account comes with one softphone number that can be used with an app. That softphone number is an endpoint.

Other than that softphone number, only Obi devices can be added to the account, no more softphone numbers can be added.

If you want multiple softphone numbers to use with apps you must get multiple Obitalk accounts.

Register for another Obitalk account. That will give you another softphone number to use with a second app. Multiple Obion apps can't log in with the same credentials.

Since you are going to set up a second account, this is what I would do (unless you have an elaborate configuration that you don't want to have to set up again, since backup/restore doesn't work from the portal).

1 - make sure you have already set the Obi as the default gateway for the softphone number in the present account.
2 - remove the Obi from the account.
3 - reset the Obi to factory default (required when adding to another account)
4 - set up a second Obitalk account
5 - add the Obi device to the second account
6 - set up your accounts (and custom configuration if needed)
7 - set the Obi as the default gateway for the softphone number of the second account

this will make the Obi the default gateway for both of your softphone numbers. You will be able to dial from either app the same as dialing form the phone of the Obi.

The other option is to set up single stage dialing on the Obi so that the second softphone number will be able to place calls using your Obi.

If you do not use the portal to manage your device your only option is to set up single stage dialing.

RonR put together a single stage dialing configuration for this purpose. Read this post and follow the link at the end of it.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3094.msg20656#msg20656

rmclaren

Thank you for the clarification and prompt response.