News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

UK Configuration XML Files

Started by MarkObihai, August 12, 2014, 02:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

One of the top 2 gotchas for noobs*. Unless you disable Obitalk Provisioning, any changes you make using the device's onboard web server GUI will be overwritten with values existing on the Obitalk portal. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

(*The other is failing to enable Google Chat as a forwarding destination for Google Voice.  Presumably that one is not relevant to you.)

gsmlnx

Quote from: fredobi on April 24, 2018, 02:21:46 PM
Also Caller ID doesnt work with either  the UK 2xx XML or the UK 110 XML files.( This is a bit strange as Caller ID worked fine at the outset with the pre-installed (N. American)default XML file).
I had to change some of the callerid parameters to get it to work for my phone in the UK.

I set under Physical Interfaces - Phone1 Port
CallerIDMethod to "FSK(V.23)"
CallerIDTrigger to "after first ring"

Just try the options under these 2 settings to find what works for your phone.

drgeoff

Quote from: gsmlnx on April 25, 2018, 03:46:12 AM
Quote from: fredobi on April 24, 2018, 02:21:46 PM
Also Caller ID doesnt work with either  the UK 2xx XML or the UK 110 XML files.( This is a bit strange as Caller ID worked fine at the outset with the pre-installed (N. American)default XML file).
I had to change some of the callerid parameters to get it to work for my phone in the UK.

I set under Physical Interfaces - Phone1 Port
CallerIDMethod to "FSK(V.23)"
CallerIDTrigger to "after first ring"

Just try the options under these 2 settings to find what works for your phone.

Yes, usual CallerIDMethod in the UK is FSK(V.23).

No, usual CallerIDTrigger in the UK is "Before First Ring".

If using an Obi110 or OBi212 with a UK PSTN line you will probably also need to set the first of those two in the LINE port settings.

And the latter means you can reduce the RingDelay from the default 4 seconds to 0.

gsmlnx

@dregoff
I'm using the Obi200 and the CallerID will not show on the phone handset when set to "Before First Ring". I had to try all the variations to get it to work at the time.

fredobi

Quote from: azrobert on April 24, 2018, 03:52:49 PM
Try importing the XML file into OBi Expert
From the Dashboard click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBi212
Click on OBi Expert Configuration and confirm
Click Browse and find the file
Click Import Config to OBi Expert

Tried to do this  ie. 'Import Config to OBI Expert' in 'Manage Expert Configuration'  but  it hasnt changed the settings at all ie. it doesnt appear to have installed. Dont know what else I can do to get it to install via Obitalk dashboard

fredobi

Quote from: drgeoff on April 24, 2018, 05:03:45 PM
One of the top 2 gotchas for noobs*. Unless you disable Obitalk Provisioning, any changes you make using the device's onboard web server GUI will be overwritten with values existing on the Obitalk portal. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

I,m reluctant to disable obi auto-provisioning as this means I cant work remotely on it. I guess from what you are saying it's better to install the updated xml config file via obitalk.com because then it wont be overwritten. However having said this (1) Ive failed in my effort to install via obitalk.com and dont know how to progress on this (2) I am not clear what I should be 'disabling' in auto-provisioning - is it 'ITSP Provisioning' I disable?

fredobi

WelshPaul has now created today a OBi212 UK Xml. Hopefully this will resolve the problems for this device which the Obi1xx Uk Xml and Obi2xx UK Xml didnt

drgeoff

Quote from: fredobi on April 25, 2018, 02:39:53 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on April 24, 2018, 05:03:45 PM

I,m reluctant to disable obi auto-provisioning as this means I cant work remotely on it. I guess from what you are saying it's better to install the updated xml config file via obitalk.com because then it wont be overwritten. However having said this (1) Ive failed in my effort to install via obitalk.com and dont know how to progress on this (2) I am not clear what I should be 'disabling' in auto-provisioning - is it 'ITSP Provisioning' I disable?
You choose one or the other. i have an Obi110 2 feet away and an Obi100 5800 miles away. I made different choices.

If I meant "ITSP Provisioning" I would not have written "Obitalk Provisioning". (It's only on the local interface - think about it!)