News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Incoming Failover to Phone on Network Failure

Started by Thczv, August 09, 2014, 12:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thczv

I use the Obi110 with a small asterisk server.  The Obi110 serves both as my PSTN interface, and as a line interface for my desk telephone.  Inbound calls come in to the PSTN interface on the Obi110, get routed to my asterisk server, and then usually get routed back to the Obi110 and out to my desk telephone. 

For some reason lately the network interface on my Obi110 has been failing, and the calls don't route at all.  I am trying to fix the network problem separately.  But what I really want to achieve by posting this, is a simple way to route inbound PSTN calls directly to the phone interface when the network fails and the Obi110 can't reach my asterisk server.  Is there a simple way to do that?

Thanks

drgeoff

I can't give you a recipe which I know will work but I think the only possibility would be to utilise a Trunk Group.

See eg https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?;topic=6924.0.  May depend on exactly how you are interfacing the 110 to Asterisk - is the 110 registering as an extension.  If not it cannot sense when that Trunk is unavailable.

azrobert

Hopefully the following will meet your requirements:

Under Line Port Calling Features:

CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: ph

To test I changed the InboundCallRoute to: sp2(anything@192.168.1.199:5060)
192.168.1.199 is a non-existent address.
This is to simulate routing a call to Asterisk when the network is down.
When I placed a call, I heard it ring twice (the default call forward ring count) then the phone port started ringing.