News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice ring to digital receptionist

Started by JOE_B, August 13, 2014, 08:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE_B

I have google voice coming into sp1 on obi110

What I would like to achieve is to have the google voice number ring to a menu (recording says something like please enter your extension number now to reach the extension )

I have voip.ms on sp2
voip.ms offers a basic digital receptionist (IVR) that will work for what I need.

My issue is how to route the google voice calls to that number and then when the call should come to my extension, receiving the calls at my obi connected desk phone

I know I could simply forward the google voice number to ring at a voip.ms did which answers with the Digital receptionist, but I don't want to pay incoming minute charge on all these.

So my thought was to have obi route all calls using inbound call settings, and have all inbound calls automatically routed to voip.ms digital receiptionist (Using sip number ?)

And if the user selects my extension, then the call comes back to the obi with an inbound call rule that will make it ring to my desk phone ?

Any ideas or comments ?

azrobert

Change Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute to:
{sp2(nnnnnnnnnn@sip.voip.ms;ui=$1)}

nnnnnnnnnn is you Voip.ms DID number.
ui=$1 will pass the CID.

This will route all GV inbound calls to your Voip.ms account.

See:
http://wiki.voip.ms/article/SIP_URI#Receiving_incoming_calls_from_a_SIP_URI

Scroll down to Receiving Incoming Calls.

You could use the OBi110 Auto Attendant to accomplish what you want.
The extension numbers would need to begin with 2, like 21 or 250.
You would also have to change the AA prompts.
I could show you how to configure the routing part.
I never changed the AA prompts, so you would have to do that on your own or get someone else to help.

hwittenb

Joe_B
With voip.ms I never figured out how to route an incoming sip uri call to a voip.ms extension to go to a voip.ms IVR.  With the extension the call can go to the registered extension, but I don't believe there are other options.  I believe if you wish a call to go to a voip.ms IVR you will need to purchase some type of voip.ms DID.  Voip.ms offers a "Virtual DID" (for which they charge 25c/month plus $0.001 (one tenth of a cent) per minute.  An alternative is to get a voip.ms iNum number.  You could forwarding the call via sip uri to the voip.ms iNum number which you can route to their IVR.  Voip.ms will give you a single iNum number and I do not believe they have an incoming call charge for that. 

As azrobert says you could possibly use the OBi IVR (Auto Attendent) if you wish to modify it to your needs.  This would reduce the call path complexity and possibly improve the call quality.

JOE_B

thanks for the comments, I will look into using the OBi110 Auto Attendant as first option

azrobert

The following are the 3 options for the AA:
1 = Continue the call
2 = Make a new call
3 = Callback

These basically can't be changed.
What you want is to have the caller enter 2 for make a new call plus 1 or more digits.
The number can be dialed without any pause.
The dialed number must end with a "#".
The beginning 2 will not be sent to the DigitMap.
When the caller enters 21#, 1 will be sent to the AA DigitMap.

To send inbound GV calls to the AA change
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {aa}

To setup three extensions (21, 22 and 23) change the following
Auto Attendant DigitMap: (1|2|3)
Auto Attendant OutboundCallRoute:
{1:ph},{2:sp1(18005551212)},{3:sp2(17771234567@in.callcentric.com)}

21# will ring the OBi110 phone Port.
22# will route the call out SP1 to phone number 18005551212.
23# will route the call to a Callcentric user via SIP.

If you use 1 or 2 digits after the beginning "2" then the corresponding Speed Dial number must not be defined. If you setup 21# then Speed Dial 1 must not be defined.

Now change the Main Menu prompt instructing the caller on the options.
If the caller follows instructions, you're done.
The caller dialing something invalid is the problem.
I'll let you decide which prompts have to change.

If "1" for continue the call or an invalid number is entered the AA will send a zero to the DigitMap, so the error message will say "Zero is an invalid number".
If you need help changing the prompts, you probably should start a new topic.

Edit:

If you make 20# ring the OBi110 Phone Port then most errors by the caller will ring the OBi Phone port.
See the last paragraph above.

azrobert

To setup three extensions (20, 21 and 22) change the following
Auto Attendant DigitMap: (0|1|2)
Auto Attendant OutboundCallRoute:
{0:ph},{1:sp1(18005551212)},{2:sp2(17771234567@in.callcentric.com)}

20# will ring the OBi110 phone Port.
21# will route the call out SP1 to phone number 18005551212.
22# will route the call to a Callcentric user via SIP.

Now most dialing errors by the caller will ring the Phone Port.
If they dial "2" or "3" and pause, they will be prompted for a number.
If they dial 20 without the "#", they will be disconnected.