News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Switching GV accounts

Started by hppyfngy, August 26, 2014, 07:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hppyfngy

I have several GV accounts and a month ago it was trivial to switch between them in the Obi Dashboard.  But now the option seems to be gone or hidden and Obi has defaulted to a number I'd prefer not to use. 

Is there still a way to do this? 

azrobert

hppyfngy

Thanks.  I have tried this procedure several times now though, and although the Active Username has changed to the GV account I want to use, the number has not changed. 

I also tried unplugging the Obi to force it to reconfigure, but still the same result. 

Any suggestions? 

hppyfngy

Okay, slightly different approach. 

I logged in to my alternate Gmail account, then to the Obi Dashboard.  I deleted the original SP1 configuration, then shut down the pc and the Obi for about an hour.  Magically, when I plugged in the Obi again, it worked with the number of my preference, (even though I hand't configured it again.)
I then opened the Obi Dashboard again and configured SP1 to GV, and everything seems to be working again. 

I wish it were as easy as it used to be, but at least I can still change numbers if I need to. 

Problem solved.   :)

SteveInWA

It IS easy.  Your issue was that you need to follow the procedure:  first, log into the Gmail/GV account you wish to configure.  Then, open a separate browser tab (Ctrl-T) and log into the OBiTALK portal, and set up the GV number.  It will use the cookies Google dropped to know which Google account to link to your OBi device.

hppyfngy

I beg your pardon, I didn't say it was difficult, just that it was easier before. 

Before, all I had to do was log in to the Dashboard and enter the address of the GV account I wanted to use. 

And I did follow the directions to a tee today, and it still took a few tries to get it. 

It was easier before.