News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cant ship to Canada why?????

Started by Uzair, August 18, 2014, 08:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzair

Hello
few people might know me as i asked alot of presale questions on my previous thread and now im ready to buy this device.
i went to amazon and added the products i wanted to cart... my cart was OBi200 + WifiUSB + 2 year warranty => $74
which was pretty good but it dint let me go thru with it..
they say they cant ship to canada.. i dont mind paying the shipment cost but atleast give this an option to ship it to canada.

now im confused because i cant get the order processed and the 30-40% discount offer on these products will expire in 8 hours. after that it will be $100+ which will go more than i can afford.

so admins/mods can you please help me out.. help me order the process please..

thanks

EDIT:
also please tell me if http://obihaicanada.ca/ is another website of this service or a scam website because i just called them from the number given on their website and they say i think you have the wrong number

RFC3261

Quote from: Uzair on August 18, 2014, 08:04:58 AM
they say they cant ship to canada.. i dont mind paying the shipment cost but atleast give this an option to ship it to canada.

Perhaps you need to use a retailer authorized for sales in Canada?  Amazon.ca has a vendor (or two) on their site, although the prices do (from first glance) seem a bit higher than in the US.

Regardless of whether import restrictions (and/or import duties/taxes) are a good or bad thing (and you can find arguments on both sides), if you do not like the requirements that Canada has on such devices, you need to take it up with your government officials.  Amazon (and other retailers) have to follow the laws of the country of export, and import.