News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls dropping when dialing from Callcentric to Callcentric

Started by ProfTech, May 10, 2011, 09:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

I recently signed my friends up with Callcentric. I also have Callcentric. I discovered that when I dial their [callcentric] number from my Obi 110, the call drops after 30-40 seconds but ONLY if their end rolls to voice mail. If they answer the phone, everything seems fine. I had a Grandstream HT-286 here that I use with my callcentric account for portable use so I disconnected the Obi and re-connected the HT-286. It does not have the issue so I am pretty sure it is something with the Obi. I set the Obi back to factory defaults and used Obitalk to set it up for Callcentric but it still has the issue. I loaded the new 2283 build but the problem is still there. Any ideas?

Update: Syslog attached to this post.

RonR

That's probably a good candidate for a Syslog capture with SPx -> X_SipDebugOption enabled.

ProfTech

Sip debug was turned on when I ran the trace. Syslog was set to level 7. Unless my router is blocking it some way I didn't know why sip tracing wasn't in there, either.

<N>X_DeviceManagement.Syslog.</N>
   <P>
     <N>Server</N>
     <V>192.168.20.3</V>
Port 514 level = 7

<N>X_SipDebugOption</N>
     <V>Log All Messages</V>

UPdate: The fine folks at Obihai were able to figure out that this is being caused by Callcentric's voice mail server not following the SIP protocol exactly. They have provided me with a beta load that corrects the problem however I have notified Callcentric of the problem.