News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Router, no IP Address?

Started by bmoore, August 23, 2014, 09:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmoore

I have an Obi200 with Callcentric for service.  I upgraded my router from a Buffalo Air Station TurboG to a Belkin N750 DB.  Everything on my network worked without a hitch except the Obi 200.  All I am getting is a blinking green power light, and on the phone it tells me reason FAQ 00, IP Address unavailable.  I have searched and can't find any good info on this.  What exactly do I need to do?  Thanks!

chicobiker

Your new router might not be assigning an ip address to your obi200.  Check your router and make sure it is using DHCP is all I can think of.

Marc

Is it possible you had assigned a static IP to the OBi that is now either in use by another device or is outside the subnet of your new router?

Or maybe it's just a matter of pulling the power on the OBi, wait 20 seconds, plug power back in.  If you haven't power cycled the OBi, it's trying to communicate with the DHCP server on your old router and not getting an answer ;)  (Over simplified, but makes my point.)
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

Shale

I presume you hooked an ethernet cable from the OBi LAN port to a LAN port on the router.

If you dial ***1 from the phone connected to your OBi, what does it say?

sailing

Marc suggestions sounds the most probable. Different routers seem to choose different DHCP ranges. If you assigned a fixed IP to the Obi and that falls withing the new routers DHCP, there will be a problem. You will need to pick a fixed IP outside the router DHCP range.