News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does any one know how to get one cell phone to ring on 3 OBi1032s?

Started by Boykin, August 28, 2014, 07:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boykin

I have 3 OBi1032s.  I have one set up with an OBi Bluetooth adapter with my cell phone paired to it.  I would like this OBi1032 to ring the other 2 OBi1032s when a call comes in on my cell phone.  Does any one know how to do this? If so, can you give me detailed instructions?  

If possible, it needs to work with IP addresses over my LAN.  The only internet I can get where I live is satellite internet and there would be a lot of lag if the call has to go out to the internet and then back to my LAN.  

azrobert

I don't own an OBI1032, but it should work the same as an OBI ATA.

OBiBlueTooth -> InboundCallRoute:
{ph,anything@192.168.1.101:5060,anything@192.168.1.102:5060}

Here is a demo page for the OBi1032.
I don't see where OBiBlueTooth is defined.
http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obiphone/i

Boykin

Quote from: azrobert on August 28, 2014, 07:41:53 AM
I don't own an OBI1032, but it should work the same as an OBI ATA.

{ph,anything@192.168.1.101:5060,anything@192.168.1.102:5060}

Here is a demo page for the OBi1032.
I don't see where OBiBlueTooth is defined.
http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obiphone/i

Do I have to set anything up on the 2 OBi1032s that don't have the BT device attached?

azrobert

I forgot about the other devices.
Port 5060 points to SP1.
If SP1 on the other device is defined as SIP then you don't have to do anything.

If it's not defined, this is how to define a dummy trunk:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName: (any userid)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

If SP1 is defined as GoogleVoice then use port 5061 for SP2.
Define SP2 like this:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: (any userid)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)
And this:
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

CLTGreg

Can something like this be done to mix the 1032 with a 202? I assume so but I don't have a 1032 yet but I'd like one.

What I'd like to do is have the 1032 handle multiple lines and trunk out the ones I want to ring in the house. The 202 would handle ringing the house wiring so it appears on all my phones. I guess this could be done with all the lines but I don't want to be woke up by some of them  ;D

Boykin

Quote from: azrobert on August 28, 2014, 08:45:31 AM
I forgot about the other devices.
Port 5060 points to SP1.
If SP1 on the other device is defined as SIP then you don't have to do anything.

If it's not defined, this is how to define a dummy trunk:

If SP1 is defined as GoogleVoice then use port 5061 for SP2.
Define SP2 like this:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: (any userid)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)
And this:
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

Thanks.  I have made the changes and will test this out when I get home. 

SteveInWA

Quote from: CLTGreg on August 28, 2014, 09:26:12 AM
Can something like this be done to mix the 1032 with a 202? I assume so but I don't have a 1032 yet but I'd like one.

What I'd like to do is have the 1032 handle multiple lines and trunk out the ones I want to ring in the house. The 202 would handle ringing the house wiring so it appears on all my phones. I guess this could be done with all the lines but I don't want to be woke up by some of them  ;D

The more technically-elegant way to do this would be to run some sort of PBX software/hardware, and set up the 1032s as extensions off of the PBX.

I'm not a PBX guru, but if you go with that solution, I am sure one of the guys will esplain it to ya.

azrobert

I totally screwed up.

Define a dummy SIP trunk on SP1:

{ph,sp1(anything@192.168.1.101:5060),sp1(anything@192.168.1.102:5060)}

Boykin

I cannot get it to work. Here is Sip Profile 3.

Boykin

Sip 3 Service

Boykin

Boykin

Do you see what I have wrong? I am only setting up the second 1032.  The third will be arriving next week. 

azrobert

I think there is a misunderstanding of what has to be done. If true it's my fault because I didn't include everything needed in my 1st post and I wasn't clear with my 2nd post.

To send the call out OBi1032#1 you need a SIP trunk defined on OBi1032#1.
To receive a call on OBi1032#2 you need a SIP trunk defined on OBi1032#2.

sp3(1234@192.168.0.61:5062)

sp3 points to SP3 on OBi1032#1
5062 points to SP3 on OBi1032#2

I don't see anything wrong, so I think you just have to define a dummy SIP trunk on OBi1032#1's SP3.

Boykin

Thanks.  I set up the dummy SP3 on OBi1032 #1 exactly like SP3 on OBi1032 #2.

Boykin

Not sure yet.  My cell phone and I are at work.  I will test it tonight when I get home.

Boykin

Usetheforceobiwan

Is it me or is the Obitalk network like the bastard step child or something?

I think it is worth noting here that if the Obitalk network were used instead of a intranetwork SIP connection, that a SP could be potentially saved AND the devices would not necessarily have to be within the same subnet or even LAN for that matter.   I have always found forwarding setups with the Obitalk network to be fairly robust and troublefree.  In as well it's the "5th SP" in the case of the 202 or "7th SP" in case of the 1032 and it seems like a shame to let it go to waste if you have uses for the other SP's on the Obi's.  That's how I would make my connections to do all the forwarding if I had a similar scenario to you. 

azrobert

Quote from: Boykin on August 28, 2014, 07:14:41 AM

If possible, it needs to work with IP addresses over my LAN.  The only internet I can get where I live is satellite internet and there would be a lot of lag if the call has to go out to the internet and then back to my LAN.  

Usetheforceobiwan,

Apparently you didn't read the OP's requirements.

Edit:

In addition you don't need a dedicated trunk. You can use an existing SIP trunk to accomplish the above.

Usetheforceobiwan

Quote from: azrobert on August 29, 2014, 08:50:48 PM
Quote from: Boykin on August 28, 2014, 07:14:41 AM

Usetheforceobiwan,

Apparently you didn't read the OP's requirements.

Edit:

In addition you don't need a dedicated trunk. You can use an existing SIP trunk to accomplish the above.

I was thinking of the case of using Google Voice on all the available SP's.  Perhaps that clouded my judgement.   

I still think it is worth a shot to see how much delay is introduced if using Obitalk even via satellite link.  I have found pure Obi to Obi SIP setups to be more trouble-prone and harder to troubleshoot if they run into trouble - but maybe that's just me.  Nice thing about using Obitalk though, you can relocate one of the Obis anywhere and it will still communicate to the end point you originally set up.  Essentially, set it and forget it.