News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 No Access To Attendant or Device Manager - Updated

Started by dhayes5, August 29, 2014, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhayes5

I have an OBi202.  Phone Line 1 connected to ATT cordless phone (formerly working with TWC Cable Phone), Internet Port connected to D-Link Dir632 port 8, and of course powered up.

Power LED is Solid Green.  Internet Port intermittently flashing green.  LED for phone is off.

Shows up in D-Link Router as 192.168.0.137.

Cannot dial *** to access attendant as phone port seems to be disabled.  Further, tried to access OBi from Chrome by using 192.168.0.137 and 192.168.10.1.  Both failed to connect.

Also repeated after doing the hard reset (15sec paperclip inserted - followed by red power led).  Same result.

Not sure where to go from here as I cannot access the unit to enable phone port or configure..  Any ideas?

Update *********************************************** 30Aug14

Tried rebooting Cable modem (which has TWC phone VOIP integrated in), D-link router and Obi202 as you suggested.  Also tried different Ethernet cable (one supplied with Obi202).  None of this helped.

Next tried to reconfig D-Link router firewall settings DMZ to enabled with address 198.162.0.137 and then when that did not work tried to set DMZ address to 198.162.0.1 which also did not work.

I then got a laptop and plugged an Ethernet cable between it and the Obi202 LAN port.  I was then able to access the Obi Config and login using admin/admin.  When I looked at the phone status, it was enabled and "on Hook".  I then took the phone off the hook (or rather pressed the flash button) and the status did not update nor did the green phone LED illuminate.

At this point I can see that the Obi device is on the Internet via the D-link (network traffic LED on both the Obi and D-link are flashing) and I can connect using a separate laptop on 198.162.10.1 (again separate laptop not through the D-Link router). 

At this point I am wondering if I have a phone compatibility issue.  I tried both a Uniden DECT 6.0 cordless phone and an ATT cordless phone and neither would register "Off Hook" on the Obi.

Are there any special phone requirements?

Shale

Do you get dialtone?

If yes, dial ***1

What does that say?

SteveInWA

I know this seems obvious, but the 202 has two different phone ports on the back, Phone 1 and Phone 2 -- have you tried plugging a phone into the other phone port?  You should be able to get a green LED on the phone port and be able to reach the 202's *** menu from either port.

Any working touch-tone telephone should work.  The other obvious possibility:  try a different telephone cord -- try a two-wire RJ-11 cord, that you have tested to work on a different telephone line.