News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Future Nine Not Working Most Times

Started by mnjeepmale, August 28, 2014, 10:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnjeepmale

Ported a number from GV over to Future Nine back in May. Was working great on GV with the Obi110 device and working for about 1-2 months with Future Nine. Thought it was great.

In the past 5-6 weeks we can't make or receive calls almost 50% of the time. When you pickup the phone you get dial tone, dial the number and then wait......all you hear is silence. Most calls will not connect. It's just silence/dead air. If you try the number about 2-3 times it may connect. This is happening on many phone numbers not just one.
I have heard from more then one person that our number rings and rings and we don't answer when we are at home.

Contact Future Nine Tech Support and they couldn't find anything wrong. Am I the only one having problems? Any suggestions?

Mango

What router do you use?  Have you made any changes to it recently?

mnjeepmale

Quote from: Mango on August 29, 2014, 06:14:58 AM
What router do you use?  Have you made any changes to it recently?

Netgear WNDR3700.

No changes that I can remember.

Mango

Here are some settings from the WAN Setup portion of your router that you may wish to experiment with:

Disable SIP ALG
Disable SPI Firewall
NAT Filtering

If possible, Disable SPI Firewall should be unchecked, and NAT Filtering should be set to Secured, for best security.  However, you may want to temporarily change these for testing purposes to see if they solve your problem.

You may also want to navigate to QoS Setup and temporarily disable QoS for testing purposes.  If you accidentally assigned low priority to your ATA, you could cause your symptoms.

mnjeepmale

Quote from: Mango on August 29, 2014, 08:59:23 AM
Here are some settings from the WAN Setup portion of your router that you may wish to experiment with:

Disable SIP ALG
Disable SPI Firewall
NAT Filtering

If possible, Disable SPI Firewall should be unchecked, and NAT Filtering should be set to Secured, for best security.  However, you may want to temporarily change these for testing purposes to see if they solve your problem.

You may also want to navigate to QoS Setup and temporarily disable QoS for testing purposes.  If you accidentally assigned low priority to your ATA, you could cause your symptoms.

I went into the router and went to WAN Setup.

1. 'Disable SIP ALG' is already checked. I unchecked it for now.
2. 'NAT Filtering' radio button is set to Open. I changed it to Secured for now.
3. Went to QoS Setup. I unchecked 'Turn Internet Access QoS On'

I am not sure where SPI Firewall is located on the router. Do you?

Mango

It should be in the same place as ISP ALG and NAT Filtering.  Though now I see that there are four versions of your router and I could be looking at the wrong version, or a different firmware version.  If the SIP ALG/NAT Filtering didn't solve the problem, you may want to try to upgrade your firmware, if an upgrade is available:

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/other

Good luck,
Mango

mnjeepmale

Quote from: Mango on August 29, 2014, 09:34:09 AM
It should be in the same place as ISP ALG and NAT Filtering.  Though now I see that there are four versions of your router and I could be looking at the wrong version, or a different firmware version.  If the SIP ALG/NAT Filtering didn't solve the problem, you may want to try to upgrade your firmware, if an upgrade is available:

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/other

Good luck,
Mango

There was a new firmware version available on the router. I upgraded the firmware and still not seeing SPI Firewall.
Anyhow I will see if this improves.

Mango

Hello mnjeepmale, how are things working with the firmware update?

vtsnaab

Just FYI=>
Previously, the CEO of F9 (Nitzan) was a very active poster here.

Now, if you look at his profile here (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=14680) you will see it has been weeks since he's visited this forum and his posts show as far fewer than they once were.

Apparently he and/or F9 have gotten into serious problems and the F9 site looks to have vanished, along with whatever funds he took from subscribers for service that has vanished without a trace.
This may explain why F9 is not working ??

In trying to visit http://www.future-nine.com/ - all that results is a search portal page and the title 'non-existant domain'.

Trying to log-in as a (formerly ?!) paid user at https://www.future-nine.com/A2BCustomer_UI/index.php just times out now too.

Last I heard he had also been having problems with the Obi folks and it WAS best to email him directly but now that is likely no longer an option...

I am saddened by this apparent scam service because Nitzan's service had been around for years before the whole XMPP concern erupted and for it to vanish with zero notice puts it into the same basket as all the other internet scammers who've taken money & then vanished with it.

By way of contrast - another provider that is very new to the VOIP world is Circlenet, and despite their recent appearance they seem quite responsive, responsible & affordable IMO.

Best Wishes.

ebow

Son of a... just came here to figure out why the site was down, and saw this. @$#^%^&%# I really don't need this complication right now. Glad I only prepaid $15 at a time.   >:(

edit: Oh hell, will I be able to port out my phone number?

Michael_Reeder

F9 was working at 11:03am this morning.  Ringing and taking voicemail.

Now -- no phone calls go through, no website answering, no domain ping, smartphone apps unable to connect, and ObiTalk control board reports Obi devices unable to connect.

This really sucks as they had been around long enough that I was using one of my numbers with them for important purposes!

Does anyone have any idea how phone numbers could be ported???

I really hope they come back online with an apology and a temporary outage...

-- Michael

ebow

Quote from: Michael_Reeder on September 08, 2014, 02:06:05 PM
F9 was working at 11:03am this morning.  Ringing and taking voicemail.

Now -- no phone calls go through, no website answering, no domain ping, smartphone apps unable to connect, and ObiTalk control board reports Obi devices unable to connect.

This really sucks as they had been around long enough that I was using one of my numbers with them for important purposes!

Does anyone have any idea how phone numbers could be ported???

I really hope they come back online with an apology and a temporary outage...

-- Michael

I wrote to support@future-nine.com with a polite but worried question asking if they'd be back soon. Will update if I hear back.

Mango

Quote from: vtsnaab on September 08, 2014, 12:03:44 PMApparently he and/or F9 have gotten into serious problems and the F9 site looks to have vanished, along with whatever funds he took from subscribers for service that has vanished without a trace.

Your comment is a little unkind.  Every service provider has outages.  It doesn't mean they've vanished with your funds.  It means they are experiencing an outage.  According to the other forum, they seem to be having DNS issues.

For those of you who wish to port your phone number over an outage of a few hours, go for it.  However, no service provider will guarantee zero downtime, at the price you are willing to pay.  Also keep in mind that it will take days/weeks to port your number, and they will probably be back online later today.

Mango

Quote from: ebow on September 08, 2014, 02:10:34 PMI wrote to support@future-nine.com with a polite but worried question asking if they'd be back soon. Will update if I hear back.

Avocet:~# dig +short mx future-nine.com
10 mail.future-nine.com.
Avocet:~# dig +short mail.future-nine.com

I wouldn't expect an answer until after the outage is over.

vtsnaab

Mango - I have visited your site and thank you for sharing such great info.

Regarding what you've posted here:
Quote from: Mango on September 08, 2014, 02:28:08 PM
Your comment is a little unkind.  Every service provider has outages.  It doesn't mean they've vanished with your funds.  It means they are experiencing an outage.  According to the other forum, they seem to be having DNS issues.

For those of you who wish to port your phone number over an outage of a few hours, go for it.  However, no service provider will guarantee zero downtime, at the price you are willing to pay.  Also keep in mind that it will take days/weeks to port your number, and they will probably be back online later today.

As I tried to state clearly in the reply I made=>
QuoteIn trying to visit http://www.future-nine.com/ - all that results is a search portal page and the title 'non-existent domain'.
I may be 100% wrong here, but I cannot recall ever getting a page titled 'non-existent domain' when there was merely a DNS problem before - please correct me if I am mistaken ??

As a paid user of that service I would much prefer NOT to have it just vanish - but sadly have seen MANY internet services simply dry up & blow away (along with user's payments...) too many times in recent years.

A very sad thing when this happens, IMO.

cluckercreek

As I posted over on DSLReports, F9 isn't the only one having problems today. I tried several times during the day and couldn't log on to DSLReports.

Mango

Is anyone able to register to 64.251.23.244, and if so can you make/receive calls?

Hawaii

Neither server registers, their web page is gone, and the admin / technical number on their WHOIS record at Go-Daddy is unreachable.  I know that they have been working on problems with at least one server since at least April, leading to calls not going through in strange ways.

This does not look like a DNS outage.

Here in Hawaii it is extremely hard to find a reasonably priced VOIP service that will port a number, plus the aforementioned long, long delay.

So I hope the outage is really just temporary, or that they've just been hacked, but it is not looking that way.

Mango

Hawaii

I was told that their INCOMING and OUTGOING servers are/(were?) two different servers.