News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

**8 Doesn't Work After Firmware Upgrade

Started by robhouston, May 10, 2011, 05:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robhouston

Okay, so I just upgraded to firmware build 2283 on my Obi110, and now the **8 prefix doesn't route the outbound call to the line port.  It doesn't route the outbound call anywhere.

Any ideas about what might have changed with this new build??

Thanks!

RonR

Still works here on the new firmware release.

robhouston

Hmmm.......I dial **8 and a 7-digit number and I get the standard error message.  Worked fine before the firmware upgrade.

RonR

Feel free to post your PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

RonR

robhouston

Okay, RonR, here goes:

PHONE Port DigitMap:  ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

PHONE Port Outbound Call Route:  {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

LINE Port Digit Map:  (xxxxxxxS2|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Thanks for the advice!

RonR

Those appear to be the defaults with the exception of the S2 on the LINE Port DigitMap.

I would try rebooting the OBi and see if that makes a difference.

RonR

Does # by itself still get you a PSTN dialtone?

robhouston

RonR:

Yes, # gets the line port, and I've rebooted the Obi several times.  It's really pretty strange. 

If you have other ideas, they are certainly welcome.  If I continue to have problems, I'll default the Obi to factory settings and re-apply my various changes.

Thanks for your help!

RonR

What is showing in Call History when you dial **8 + 1234567#?

robhouston

Well, Call History is actually showing that it's routing the call to the LINE port with the correct number.  So, I'm not sure what is happening here, since it doesn't seem to be actually dialing the number on the PSTN.  I've confirmed that the PSTN line is fine by powering down the Obi.   

I'm thinking I'll just default the damn thing and rebuild my changes. 

What's strange is that it was working correctly just before the firmware upgrade earlier this evening.

Thanks again, RonR!

RonR

Once you get it rebuilt, backup your configuration so you can restore it easily in the future.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Good luck!

robhouston

Okay, I finally had some time to work on this and I got it straightened out.  I had previously "shortened" these parameters on the LINE Port to:

DialDelay   300
DialDigitOnTime  100
DialDigitOffTime   100

Once I increased the DialDigitOnTime to 150, outgoing calls on PSTN started working perfectly.  Apparently, my PSTN line just couldn't read the shortened digits.  What's interesting is that this problem didn't occur with the previous firmware, but only started with firmware 2283.

Anyway, all is well now.

RonR

Quote from: robhouston on May 14, 2011, 03:51:24 AMWhat's interesting is that this problem didn't occur with the previous firmware, but only started with firmware 2283.

Changes were made in 2283 that had adverse effects to DTMF for many users.  A firmware update is supposedly imminent to correct these problems.