News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

1 phone, 3 SIP accounts. select SIP a/c for outbound call.

Started by Clive, August 31, 2014, 06:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

I'm looking at the new obi1032 to run three businesses from.

The prime requirement at the moment is that I need to be able to select which SIP a/c the outbound call goes out on.

Would the obi1032 be the best option, or is there a better/cheaper way to do this using obi devices, bearing in mind I only want to be using one handset.

Many thanks.

drgeoff

An Obi200 plus an ordinary phone will do that, no sweat.  All incoming calls on the 3 account lines will ring the phone but won't give you a visual indication of which line.  But you can assign an individual ring cadence to each one. You can select which one a call goes out on by prepending **n to the dialled number.  Typically you would use n= 1, 2 or 3.  (Or you can set one line to be the default outgoing and only need the **n for the other two.)

Same for the 1032, except maybe the display can show which line is ringing.  I don't have a 1032.  Perhaps someone who does can throw light on the matter.

Clive

Thanks drgeoff.

The inbound identification shouldn't an issue as I'm assuming the display will show letters as well as numbers as my dect phones do. Voip ms allow you to prefix the inbound caller id and it's fine.

I just need to be sure that outbound calls can be routed via specific SIP a/c easily by a button press followed by dialling whatever number I'm calling.

drgeoff

Quote from: Clive on August 31, 2014, 11:50:29 AM
I just need to be sure that outbound calls can be routed via specific SIP a/c easily by a button press followed by dialling whatever number I'm calling.
If calls to specific countries or area codes or individual numbers are always to go via the same SIP accounts, the OBi can be configured to recognise those and route accordingly without needing to dial anything other than the standard number.  (Probably not so useful in your situation.)

If not, but the phone has memories and "chain" dialling you could store the **1 type prefixes in memories.

SteveInWA

The 1032 phone allows you to customize the "line" buttons (the soft keys to the right of the screen) to dial out on each of your SIP registrations.  There are a total of 12 positions (4 at a time, scrolled through by pressing a key).  So, in that sense, it's just like any multi-line phone.

Of course, it will also show you which line is being called, so you can answer each one with the appropriate greeting (Hello, Clive's Chives, or, Hello, Clive's Car Cleaning)...

Clive

Has it really been 2 years since I posted this  :o
Apologies to drgeoff and SteveInWA, things have been quite busy what with one project and another and this got put on the back burner.
Many thanks for your responses.