News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Questions about OBiHai in China (Need to Know Soon)

Started by NoHomePhone, December 26, 2015, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoHomePhone

Hello All

I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Kwanzaa, etc,.

If anyone has experience with OBiTalk remote admin panel and the great firewall of China, or experience with OBi110 and Chinese PTSN.  I would love to know how well they work, and if there is specific configuration needs.  I plan to 'Send' OBis as gifts for non-english speaking family members for Chinese New Years.  They are all for older people who have no technical experience, and no one to set them up for them, and cannot speak english, and my Mandarin is very poor.  So I must know in advanced if there is some sort of "Specific" configurations I need to make as well as if I lose access to the devices (through OBiTalk remote web panel or provisioning) because of the legendary Great Firewall of China.  I would like to not have to use a VPN if possible, but If I need to I will obviously have to know before I send them.

Please advise, anyone who owns OBis and communicates within or back to China.

Thanks in Advance!
VoIP Adapter         : Obi202
VoIP Provider         : CallCentric, FreePhoneLine, GoogleVoice, Voip.ms