News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi registered with Callcentric does not accept inbound calls

Started by alexusXXI, September 03, 2014, 10:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexusXXI

I do have Obi device outside of US for a long time, which worked fine with google voice. Now because of google voice support termination, I set up callcentric account and registered it on the same obi device, but as SP2 just to handle inbound calls. Callcentric account show Obi device as registered and all inbound calls are recognized. But Obi device never rings. I do have another callcentric account which I successfully use with another Obi device in US. I carefully checked all settings and they are the same, but was not able to make it work. Any advise? Thanks in advance.

azrobert

Temporarily switch Callcentric accounts just to see what happens. Define the new Callcentic account on the US OBi and the old Callcentric account on the foreign OBi. This might narrow down where the problem resides.

Edit:
Also post the following of both OBi's:
Voice Sevices -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute

alexusXXI

azrobert, thank you so much. You're very helpful as usual. Yes I registered the other Callcentric account with this Obi and it did not work as well. But I found changing the inbound call route SP2 from {>1859032:ph} to the default ph solved the problem! Somehow it worked in US, but apparently does not work here.

azrobert

You are blocking scanners with {>1859032:ph}
You can check what number to use by temporarily changing the X_InboundCallRoute to:
{sp2($2@192.168.1.99)}
Call your number, let it ring a few times and hang up.

Now check the OBi call history.
It will show something like the following, where nnnnnnn is the number you need to use in the call route.
nnnnnnn@192.168.1.99

To check call history.
In a browser key the IP address of the OBi and hit enter.
The Userid and PW are both admin unless you have changed them.
On the right column click Status, then Click Call History.