News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I move back to Google Voice?

Started by Cajun1, September 12, 2014, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cajun1

Please bear with me, only my 3nd post and I'm not familiar yet how to navigate this site properly. This question may have been asked and answered and I just couldn't find any specifics. I have an Obi 110 and originally configured it for GV.....all worked fine. Then in the May panic season, I obtained a service provider(Phone Power), configured and all works fine. Basically, I just want to return to GV only, without the use of Phone Power. Do I understand correctly that if I just delete the PP(SP2) device, do a factory reset and begin with a fresh GV install, that I will be OK to use GV only?  I think this is what I gleaned from the various posts. I especially want to thank Steve for his very detailed explanation on this whole GV revelation of yesterday.  I just want to remove the PP service to eliminate  an unneeded link in the chain.  BY removing PP, will I have any possible issues with PP until I call in a few months to stop that service? Any info will be appreciated.

dranon

Yes the steps you outlined will work fine ! I just did the same thing. ONE CAVEAT Make sure you still have your google voice number!!  Some people ported their number out. IF you did this you will have to either get a new gv number OR port it back into GV.

I never gave up my gv number when I got Phone Power and kept it connected to the obi. It never went down. I guess I just wasted money on a phone power sub???  Never needed to use it but paid for it just in case!

Cajun1

Dranon, Thanks much. I kept my GV number so all should work OK.

SteveInWA

Here's a link to the detailed instructions I posted elsewhere on the forum:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

As dranon pointed out, it's a good time to take a look at your GV account, to make sure it's ready to use (again).

Cajun1

Again, thanks to a group of well informed guys. It is good to know that all of you are so willing to share your knowledge. And Steve, that is the exact set of instructions I intend to use.