News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice issues

Started by btgv, September 23, 2014, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btgv

Symptoms:
1-When I make an outgoing call, the recipient picks up but they cannot hear me or my key presses.
2-When I get an incoming call and try to answer, it won't connect and keeps ringing on other devices.

Been a GV user for a long time, so not a new setup.  Any advice on troubleshooting this?

turbof350

subscribed,  same here or not hear me.  lol

nang

Thanks for posting this. I thought I was the only one and only having issue with sending key press input. I am having one way call too....

FromNY

Having the same problem. Any solutions?

jjtricket

Same here with obi202, started this afternoon.

Working again at 8:38pm EDT

OKPhoneGuy

ME TOO - started sometime this afternoon. Precisely same symptoms. Have spent the last hour re-adding Google Chat, diagnosing phone jacks, even thought it was the Obi itself, then tried the OBI echo-back number and it worked perfectly, so the path from my phone/network to Obi seems clear.

Same result realized when I used my alternate provider. I think Obi has an outbound problem on their end...

It might be helpful if users here posted their ISP in the event that might be related to the issue.

SteveInWA

Hi, sorry I wasn't around earlier to post:

Google is aware of this issue, impacting XMPP-based Google Voice calls.  As you've described, the symptom is typically one party not hearing the other.

They have identified the likely root cause and are working on a fix.  No estimated time to recover is available, but rest assured that they're on it.

As they used to say on TV, "Do not attempt to adjust your set."  It has nothing to do with your device or network connection.

For issues like this in the future, please feel free to check for similar posts, and/or report your symptoms over on the Google Voice Help Forum (linked in my signature block).

btgv

This seems to be resolved for me now.

Thx SteveInWA for your helpful and informative post.

vtsnaab

I had this problem as well with my older Obi110 and saw no mention of it here yet at the time, so...:

Reconfigured it via the portal, after a full reset & used the uber-simple method via gmail address.

The only complication was that somehow settings persisted in 'expert setup' for using CC on SP2 - as soon as I manually cleared those out it was back to working 100%.

Very glad that Obi is on board with GV for the duration.

Too bad there was so much panic, time & money wasted on 3rd party VOIP that was really not needed after all.

One great side effect for me was the discovery of CircleNet - which gets me really good, inexpensive VOIP via Wifi only on my Android phone when I'm out & about.

So no need for a landline (Thanks Obihai & GV !!) & no more monthly cellular bill (Thanks CircleNet !!).

Ultimately these are all good things IMO; even the temporary outage.

SteveInWA

Quote from: btgv on September 23, 2014, 09:39:02 PM
This seems to be resolved for me now.

Thx SteveInWA for your helpful and informative post.

You're welcome; sorry I didn't get back here to confirm that the problem was fixed that night.