News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice is now Officially Supported on OBi VoIP devices?

Started by DocHudson, September 11, 2014, 04:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHudson

Hello folks,

Got an email today with the above headline (subject line). Does that mean I can reconfigure Google voice to Obi 100 device?

After google announce their decision to change the protocol, I went with Vestalink and configured Obi device according to Vestalink and hence Google voice was disabled.

If I can reconfigure Google voice, that will be GREAT. I would love to have directions on how to go back. Although I paid for one year service of Vestalink, I am not that impressed, esp. with the voicemails. So going back to google voice will be a welcome sign.

Thanks in advance.

Ken1908

I just finish reading the same email.  Confuse as hell now.  First no more Gvoice now it's back on.
Hope somebody can explain what the heck is going on.

NoHomePhone

I am confused by this as well I got the message on my phone through email and thought it was just syncing old stuff, but they even have a blog post for Sept 2014 about it.  IDK if this means they are supporting the hangouts version of what gvoice will port to, but i just signed up for my first ever gvoice account and set it up on my obi and it works fine.  I just called an chatted with a friend, and called my other phone, etc,.  It seems fine here?  I used the ObiTalk configuration tool it popped up the google login and i logged in and it all synced up.

I would love to know if this is means that google has kindly given Obi some help in maintaining a way for existing users. I read "Google Voice Now Supported" and thought welcome to approx. 2010/2011 when Obi shipped mainly for the gvoice users demographic, Also It forced me to firmware update before I could add google to it, that might be important I know.
VoIP Adapter         : Obi202
VoIP Provider         : CallCentric, FreePhoneLine, GoogleVoice, Voip.ms

SteveInWA

RTFF (Read the Fine Forum), guys.  This is discussed in numerous threads today.  It's all good.

DocHudson

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 11, 2014, 09:33:49 PM
RTFF (Read the Fine Forum), guys.  This is discussed in numerous threads today.  It's all good.

Will certainly be happy if you could link some of the threads here. You seem to be pretty well versed with the forum(s), I am not, hence the request. I will still try to find the threads you are talking about. Thanks in advance.

SteveInWA

Quote from: DocHudson on September 12, 2014, 11:20:56 AM
Quote from: SteveInWA on September 11, 2014, 09:33:49 PM

Will certainly be happy if you could link some of the threads here. You seem to be pretty well versed with the forum(s), I am not, hence the request. I will still try to find the threads you are talking about. Thanks in advance.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460