News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 rings *only* on phone 1 with two GV SPS configured for PH1 and PH2

Started by Vincent, September 17, 2014, 02:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

Configuration is fairly straight forward:

SP1 - GV is set to ring on "phone 1" (as well as outgoing)
SP2 - GV is set to ring on "phone 2" (as well as outgoing)

I can make outgoing calls from phone 2 (line 1) which correctly shows GV phone number for SP2, however, incoming will ONLY ring on the second pair of wires for (aka line 2) of phone 1.

Phone 1, line 1, works as expected.

I'm using the basic configurator on the website, however when I go to advanced mode it *appears* the settings are set correctly.

Any ideas?

Vincent

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything but my OutboundCallRoute for "phone 2" has this configuration. Note the ph1.

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph1},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

OutboundCallRoute for "phone 1" has this configuration:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

azrobert

Dialing # from phone 2 will ring Phone 1 using this rule {(<#:>):ph1}
Dialing # from phone 1 will ring Phone 2 using this rule {(<#:>):ph2}

The inbound routes determine which phone rings.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute should have a rule ph
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute should have a rule ph2

Vincent

I have {ph1} for SP1 as the X_InboundCallRoute and {ph2} for SP2 according to the expert config however calling from an 3rd phone (mobile) to SP2 rings only on "line 2" (blue and yellow wires) of "phone 1" port. It will not ring on red and green wires of "phone 2" port. I have not tried the yellow and blue wires (line 2) of phone 2 port.

Any ideas?

azrobert

I don't own an OBi202, so I might have a misunderstanding.

I thought the 2 outside contacts on Phone Port#1 were hard wired to the 2 inside contacts of Phone Port#2. There are no configuration settings that controls this. If a call rings the outside contacts on Port#1 and not the inside contacts on Port#2, I think you have a faulty unit.

I also think the 2 outside contacts on Port#2 are dead. Maybe they switched wires when your unit was built.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on September 18, 2014, 04:34:37 PM
I don't own an OBi202, so I might have a misunderstanding.

I thought the 2 outside contacts on Phone Port#1 were hard wired to the 2 inside contacts of Phone Port#2. There are no configuration settings that controls this. If a call rings the outside contacts on Port#1 and not the inside contacts on Port#2, I think you have a faulty unit.

I also think the 2 outside contacts on Port#2 are dead. Maybe they switched wires when your unit was built.

I don't have a 202 either but my (mis)understanding of the wiring is the same as azrobert's.

SteveInWA

I do have a 202, and I just checked it with a phone line tester.

The "Phone 1" jack on the back of the OBi 202 is wired correctly for a two-line RJ-14 jack (center pair is wired to the OBi's Phone 1 circuitry, and outer pair is wired to the OBi's Phone 2 circuitry).  The "Phone 2" jack is, as was previously said, hardwired as a RJ-11 jack, with the center pair connected to the OBi's Phone 2 circuitry, and the outer pair is N/C.

I haven't opened up the OBi, but most devices with telephone and Ethernet jacks are constructed such that the jack is direct-mounted to the PCB, and the connectors are soldered to the traces on the PCB via pin-in-hole connections, not wired with loose wires.  So, it would be impossible for the OBi to be miswired or otherwise faulty.

Diagnostic test:

Obtain a single-line phone with a known-working ringer and only a 2-wire/2-pin RJ-11 cord and plug. Plug it directly into the Phone 1 jack on the OBi -- do NOT use any house wiring or adapter/splitter jacks, etc.  Test making and receiving calls, using both software-configured GV numbers.  What happens?  Outbound calls should show GV #1 caller ID, and only inbound calls to the GV #1 phone number should ring.  What happens?

Move the telephone to the Phone 2 jack on the OBi and repeat the test.  What happens?