News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 w/ GV voicemail on local phone, not GV voicemail box

Started by mikepanic, October 21, 2014, 09:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepanic

I've been using GV for a little over 2 years with no issues, pushing the number to an AT&T iPhone. When a missed call happens and someone leaves a voicemail, it's recorded in the GV Voicemail and I can then listen to it in the GV app on my iPhone or in a web browser at voice.google.com.

A little over a week ago I decided to get a 'home' phone and use the OBI100 to handle the calls.  Honestly the call quality is amazing!  Now for the problem.

When someone leaves a voice mail, it's left on the built-in answering machine on the phone, not in GV voicemail box.

I've searched the web up and down and can't find an answer anywhere, please help.

Taoman

Quote from: mikepanic on October 21, 2014, 09:32:52 AM
When someone leaves a voice mail, it's left on the built-in answering machine on the phone, not in GV voicemail box.

I've searched the web up and down and can't find an answer anywhere, please help.

Here's a wild idea. Disable the "built-in answering machine on the phone."

Rick

Wow.

Or make the home answering machine answer after more than the 5 rings that GV defaults to.  But turning off the answering machine component is the best idea.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Rick on October 22, 2014, 04:38:54 AM
Wow.

Or make the home answering machine answer after more than the 5 rings that GV defaults to.  But turning off the answering machine component is the best idea.

Google Voice rings all enabled forwarding phones for a fixed (not adjustable) period of about 25 seconds (25 seconds, plus some small added network delay).  It's not based on the number of rings, but yeah, it's roughly 5 rings.

m4paws

I wanted to use my answering machine rather than google voicemail, and it works by setting the answering machine to ring 4 times.  I wasn't sure it would work, but it works great.