News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Questions on AA and Trusts OBi202

Started by Johntal, September 21, 2014, 07:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johntal

I have my 202 work well with GV on SP1, Connected, Status green, and am able to make and receive calls. I have also accessed the house router and forwarded all UDP/TCP ports noted in the Obi setup requirements to the 202's IP address. I have also searched the forums for help on these topics.

Question 1
I show Obisoft with a number but the Status is gray and in the device configuration the voice gateway it shows the 6 digit home number. I can't figure out how to change the status to active/green.

Question 2
I was able to add 2 friends to My Circle of Trust through the requests & invitations, using their Gmail addresses. I show their names, email, Soft Phone number, but again their status is grayed out. It is my guess that they need to have an x-lite softphone installed, but wanted to get this confirmed.

Question 3
I have yet to get the Call Obi to work and am unclear as to how to even test it. When trying to call my Home number I receive the following error Call Failed Connection to 202xxxxxx cannot be established. Calling a Soft Phone give me the error of Cannot call device 290xxxxxx! Only the Obi200, Obi202.... models may be called. My only thought on this is that I am only able to use this feature when logged into ObiTalk and can only call another Obi device other than mine. What I find odd about this is that when logged into ObiTalk as one of the friends of the Circle of Trust it still does not work.
Question 4
This is what I believe is supposed to happen when a Trusted Caller calls in and is identified by either their Google Email address or Phone number. The OBi call processing Auto Attendant (AA) invoked by including aa in the inbound call routing rule associated the interface on the OBi processing an incoming call. The caller is given 3 options 1, press 1 to call through, 2 press 2 to enter PIN then enter the phone number you want to call and press #, or 3 press 3 for a callback. I have tried this by calling in through a Trusted Google account and it just rings the Obi Home phone till the GV leave a message plays. If I call using my Trusted cell phone, I get the same thing. I have spent hours on this specific issue and have yet to hear the Auto Attendant. I have gone as far as performing a reset of the 202 just in case there was something in the setting that was the error. And yes AA is enabled.

Love the product, just want to make the best use of it.

azrobert

Nobody is answering your questions, so I'll give it a try. First the disclaimer. I don't use OBiTalk to configure my OBi devices. I never used Trusted Caller. Anytime I reference the above I might not know what I'm talking about.

Questions 1 and 2
The status light will turn green when the device connects to the OBiTalk network. This applies to physical devices and softphones. Turn your OBi202 off and the Status light will turn gray. It might take a few minutes.

Question 3
I never got the Call Button to work.
See the following. It might help.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6114.0

Question 4
I setup this function manually. When you add a trusted caller OBiTalk will update your OBi202's configuration. You can enter OBi Expert Configuration and see what OBiTalk did.
The following assumes you are calling the service defined on SP1.

In OBi Expert go to
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute
It should look something like this:
{(x.8005551212):aa},{ph}

I prefer this:
{(1?8005551212):aa},{ph}

x. will match 0 or more digits as a prefix.
1? makes 1 an optional prefix.

8005551212 is the callerid you want sent to the AA.

If you want multiple numbers to be routed to the AA, separate the numbers by a vertical bar:
{(1?8005551212|1?8005551313|1?8005551414):aa},{ph}

My advice is update the inbound route yourself and don't use the Trusted Caller wizard. If you don't understand why your config is not working, post the SP1 X_InboundCallRoute. Maybe I will see the problem.

ianobi

There is often confusion between the two functions "Circle of Trust" and "Trusted Callers".

Circle of Trust only applies to OBiTALK network numbers: 290xxxxxx, 200xxxxxx etc. It can provide single stage gateway dialling and access to the Auto Attendant of other OBi devices.

Trusted Callers applies to incoming calls from other voip providers: GV, Callcentric etc. Also to POTS numbers using an OBi110.

See here for a very old and very good explanation:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3094.msg20656#msg20656

Something that often confuses users is that if you have two OBi devices in the same account, then they will automatically be in each others' Circle of Trust, but this will not be shown under the "Circle of Trust" option from the Dashboard menu. Don't ask me why!

Johntal

Thank you both for the responses. I was able to get the AA working with a call from my cell. Turns out that I did have to go into expert configuration to hard code it. I will also try placing my google email in as a trusted caller to see if I can get the calling from a google chat phone to work.

I will continue to experiment with the Chrome Obi and the Obi Soft Phone features.

As you mentioned there is a lot of old information out there, some with images that don't match with current conditions, making it a bit confusing.