News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CC new extension to OBi Phone 2?

Started by Kman609, September 23, 2014, 07:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman609

Hey there.  Is there a way to make to make an extension in CC that sends a call to Phone 2 on an Obi 202?   I currently have extension 100 assigned to the Obi device and an extension 101 assigned to X-Lite for calls from my laptop.  I'd like to have an extension that routs calls to the OBi's Phone 2 port, and a Call Treatment that routs qualifying calls to that extension.  The call treatment rout to a specific extension is easy, having that extension forward the call to the phone 2 port, no so much.

Maybe extensions aren't the way to go.  I'm new to all this.  What I'm looking to accomplish is rout callers who meet a certain Call Treatment, i.e., telescammers, to a dedicated phone or answering machine on the OBi 202 Pone 2 port so I can screw with them.  Phone 1 currently gets legitimate callers from CC and GV.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Taoman

Quote from: Kman609 on September 23, 2014, 07:32:33 AM
 What I'm looking to accomplish is rout callers who meet a certain Call Treatment, i.e., telescammers, to a dedicated phone or answering machine on the OBi 202 Pone 2 port so I can screw with them.  

So you "can screw with them?" If that's your goal just redirect them to "Lenny." Lenny would be MORE than happy to screw........I mean talk with them. And he's cute, too!

http://www.itslenny.com/

Kman609

Ha! "Lenny" sounds like a hoot.  I notice his US DID numbers are no longer good, and the only way to rout a call to him is with his SIP address sip:lenny@sip.itslenny.com:5060.  Any idea how to forward a call in CC to a SIP address?  Do I just enter "sip:lenny@sip.itslenny.com:5060" as the number in the Call Treatment?

I'm still interested in getting an answer to my original question, as I have a custom answering machine with a Lenny type dialogue in it,  I've used it for years to piss off scammers.

Thanks

Taoman

Quote from: Kman609 on September 23, 2014, 08:59:04 AM
Ha! "Lenny" sounds like a hoot.  I notice his US DID numbers are no longer good, and the only to rout a call to him is with his SIP address sip:lenny@sip.itslenny.com:5060.  Any idea how to forward a call in CC to a SIP address?

In your phone book make a group called "Lenny." Make any scammer numbers in your phone book members of that group.

Make a new call treatment that says anyone in the group Lenny gets their call redirected to "This number:" lenny@sip.itslenny.com

The above works great in Callcentric.

If you really are letting only whitelisted calls thru then you could make a call treatment that says all calls go to Lenny except those in your whitelist group but that's pretty radical. You must get some calls that you haven't whitelisted but are completely legitimate?

Kman609

Thank you Taoman.

I've been using a whitelist for almost a year, and early on discovered legitimate callers were being missed (they went to a dedicated answering machine), and were added to the white list.  I have not had a "surprise" number call in about 6 months, so I'm pretty comfortable routing non-whitelisted numbers to either Lenny or the Phone 2 port of my OBi.

Thank you for your help.

Edit:  Just called my main CC number from my GV number (that's not on the whitelist) and got Lenny.  Priceless!

PS  Still looking how to send a call from CC to Phone 2 on my OBi 202.  Edit: figured that out too.

azrobert

Define extension 102 in CC.
Define a Call Treatment to route telescammers to extn 102.
Register a SP trunk to the new extension on CC.
In X_InboundCallRoute for this SP: ph2

or

Add your Whitelist to a DigitMap in your OBi202.
In X_InboundCallRoute route white list to ph and everything else to ph2.
There is a max number of characters for a DigitMap, but I think you can setup several User Defined DigitMaps. 

Kman609

Quote from: azrobert on September 23, 2014, 09:41:24 AM
Define extension 102 in CC.
Define a Call Treatment to route telescammers to extn 102.
Register a SP trunk to the new extension on CC.
In X_InboundCallRoute for this SP: ph2

Thanks for your help.   I figured it out using OBiTALK and CC's Account Portal. In CC's Account portal, I made an extension 102, put in a password and copied its username (1777myacct#102).  Then I opened OBiTALK and opened the currently-unused SP3.  I set it up as a CC account with 1777myacct#102 as my Callcentric Number and entered my password.  I then set it up to receive calls on Phone 2.  Then I made a Call Treatment to forward calls meeting the criteria to extension 102.  I then tested it by calling my main number from a number not on my whitelist, and the phone plugged into Phone 2 on the OBi rang.  

Geeeeez.  In the time it took to write this, the phone connected to the OBi's Phone 2 rang twice.  Going to Callcentric's Reports and Googling the numbers, both were known scammers according to 800notes.com.  It turns out one of the calls was placed directly to my new CC local number.  Crap, that number is already on the scammer's radar.  Turning back on the Call Treatment that sends them to "Lenny".

Now I have a choice of whether to rout scammers to "Lenny" or to my answering machine with a Lenny-type conversation that has pissed off scammers every time it was employed.

Thanks again for your help.

Taoman

Quote from: Kman609 on September 23, 2014, 09:33:07 AM
Is it "lenny@sip.itslenny.com" without the quotes?  And how can I call this "number" to see if it still even works.

Yep.......exactly what I put in my post.

Well a true test would be to make the phone book entry, group, and call treatment using a cell phone or some other number and then call your CC number from that number and see what happens.

If you just want to test the number make a speed dial from the OBi dashboard. Make it look like this: spx(lenny@sip.itslenny.com) where "x" is your CC SP slot number. If you put it in speed dial number 5, dial 5# to dial it.

Kman609

Taoman:

I figured it out by trial and error and it worked first time. Just called my main CC number from my GV number (that's not on the whitelist) and got Lenny.  Priceless!

Thank you for your help.