News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant hangs up on trusted caller

Started by HelloG, September 10, 2014, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HelloG

For over a year a caller who is in my CoT successfully called me using the ObiON Android app on the Samsung Galaxy S4, by dial into my Obi 110 and following the auto attendant prompts.  Some time ago (weeks or months possibly) the AA prompt stopped abruptly at "press 1 to continue this call" and the call hangs up at that point - the attendant does not even continue to speak about options 2 and 3; just hangs up.  Everytime.

I've rebooted the router many times and today I upgraded the firmware and reconfigured Google Voice and the Obi seems OK for all outgoing calls. However, the caller is still getting disconnected by the AA after "press 1 to continue this call."  The only difference that was noted after the firmware upgrade was that with the latest firmware the auto attendant voice has changed to a female.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem?  Unfortunately they can't call me using the green button in a web browser because Obi110 is not supported for that method.

HelloG

Just tested this from another Obi account which is also in the Circle of Trust by dialing the same Obi110, and the Auto Attendant prompt works just fine. So it leads me to thin that something is wrong with the Obi app for the Samsung Galaxy S4.

azrobert

What happens when you remove them from the COT? The call should ring you phone port without the AA.

If there is a bug in the OBion App there are a few other ways to accomplish this function. They all involve installing a softphone on the S4.

What providers to you have installed on SP1 and SP2?

HelloG

Hi azrobert,

Thanks for your reply. Since the caller was having trouble with the ObiON app on Android/Samsung Galayxy S4, I asked him to try from his iPad and it worked perfectly so something does seem wrong with the S4.

However, last weekend his iPad was upgraded to iOS 8 and now I see posts that the ObiON app doesn't work (stuck at Acquiring Service) on iOS 8...will have to check on that.

I have not tried removing caller from CoT.  Will try that if the iOS8 upgrade causes problems. My Obi110 is configured with GV on SP1, nothing on SP2.