News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I add anveo E911 to GV using funds from an existing Anveo account

Started by thatpeg, August 21, 2014, 07:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatpeg

I have an existing Anveo account (from a service that was canceled) with a balance of $12 which I would like to use to fund a new E911 service.  I have Google Voice configured on SP1 of my obi100 and would like to set up anveo e911 on SP2.  Is it possible to do this using my existing Anveo account and funds?  If so, can someone walk me through the steps?  The only way I can see how is to create a new anveo account and fund it with new money.

knave

+1

I am in the same situation; I have an orphan $20 sitting in an Anveo account whose phone number I transferred back to Google Voice. The problem is that my existing Anveo account had Basic Plus service, and does not expose to me the SIP username and password. So I can't even set up SP2 manually for E911 with Anveo.

It seems like the tight integration between Obi and Anveo should make this possible (use existing account instead of creating a new one). Can anyone help?

Thanks!

knave

I figured out my situation. All I had to do was reprovision SP2, but finding just the right things to click was a bit of a pain.

1. Click "Service Provider Set-Up" on your Device Configuration - Home page.
2. Click the Anveo option (there is a Learn More button).
3. At the bottom of the page, select the SPx you want to reprovision.
4. Click the "To restore an existing Anveo account click here" button.
5. etc.