News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110

Started by yak983, September 27, 2014, 02:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yak983

Hello,
i have some question about OBi110.

I need to have a remote SIP active to my DSL router (using port 5060
forwarding from router to OBi110) and when i outside the office i can
use a SIP client (mobile or software to pc) for making a call using the
OBi110 installed in my office.
I suppose need OBi110 model (with FXD port) because the call from
OBi110 go out using a Analog Line Port (rj-11) connected direct my
voice carrier.

It's all possible?

ianobi

yak983 - welcome to the forum.

Yes, what you wish to do is possible. You will need an OBi110 to connect to an analogue phone line.

The easiest way to do what you describe is to use the OBiTALK network. You have free use of this once you have bought your OBi110. You will receive a free softphone number, which can be used from your pc or from your mobile phone. (The mobile phone app is not the best!). Calls can be routed from your softphone number to your OBi110 and then out to the analogue line.

There are other ways to achieve the link from your mobile phone or remote pc to the OBi110 without using the OBiTALK network. However, those ways involve setting up other voip providers, which can get a little more complex, though they may offer other advantages.

yak983

analogue phone line is not a problem.

i have a static ip address in DSL router so if the mobile phone app is not good, i can use any SIP client and connect direct to OBi110 with SIP protocol and then call out through analogue line?

ianobi

It is possible to use direct ip to ip calling via SIP to the OBi110. Having a static ip address will help. However, problems can occur getting the SIP client on the mobile phone to put forward its external ip address. For example on a free wifi network sometimes the internal ip address will be put forward as the contact and the call will have one way audio.

Another way is to us a SIP client such as CSipSimple (android only) and register a free voip service on it such as sip2sip. This way the mobile phone registers with sip2sip using its data plan and calls can be made in both directions more reliably.

There are many variations on these types of setup. A search on this forum for CSipSimple will show some of them.

If the OBi mobile phone app works for you, that is definitely the simple way to go. You can only use the OBiTALK network from a mobile phone by using the OBi mobile phone app.