News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

newbie questions on the OBI voice bridges function

Started by mjirvine, September 27, 2014, 11:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjirvine

Hi all,

I am not sure if the OBI units can what I am looking for and would appreciate some advice.

I have a UK BT landline number which I wish to keep but I want to be able to answer incoming calls on this number on my mobile phone (iOS if that makes any difference). I see lots of talk about outwards VoIP calls for better price international calls etc...I don't need this as I really already use Skype for calls to family abroad and will almost always want a video call rather than voice only.

So what I want is my landline connected to my wifi network so that i can receive landline calls on my mobile when i am at home. maybe this is the most basic obvious feature  for accepting incoming calls but i can't find it stated anywhere^^.

Is this possible wit the Obi systems? if not are there any alternatives i could consider (i have seen a swissvoice voice bridge which also seems to do what i need but it doesn't seem to be available.

Any help much appreciated.

regards

Michael

azrobert

You would need an OBi110 to connect to a landline.
You would also need a softphone on your mobile phone.
The easiest is to use OBihai's OBion softphone.
Each OBi device/softphone has a unique number assigned to it.
You would bridge the inbound landline call to the OBi number of your OBion softphone.
It requires changing one line of code in the OBi110's config.

It has been reported that the OBion softphone is not working with IOS8.
Install any softphone on your mobile that supports SIP.
You would have to define a dummy SIP trunk on the OBi110 and bridge the call to the IP address of your mobile.

Edit:
The OBi110's defaults are for a N. American landline.
ianobi would be the one to help you with any changes needed for the BT landline.

ianobi

You will need to change the Line Port Digitmap to make outgoing calls from your OBi110 to your BT Line. (For non-UK readers BT here means British Telecom, not Bluetooth!)

MarkObihai recommends this for a UK landline:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(999|112|101|111|116000|116111|116123|1471|1571|0[15]xxxxxxxxx?|0[27]x xxxx xxxx|0800xxx xxxx?|0808xxx xxxx|08001111|08[47]x xxx xxxx|0845464x|03xx xxx xxxx|118xxx|100|155|195|09xx xxx xxxx|00xxx.|xx.|+xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

It's very comprehensive covering pretty much any possible number that may be dialled in the UK. Personally, I use a cut-down version:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(999|112|101|111|0[4568]xx.S3|0[123]xxxxxxxxx|07[1-9]xxxxxxxx|116xxx|xx.S3)

QuoteInstall any softphone on your mobile that supports SIP.
You would have to define a dummy SIP trunk on the OBi110 and bridge the call to the IP address of your mobile.

I use this method myself to allow incoming and outgoing calls via wifi to my mobile phone at home. However, I'm using an android phone and the SIP client CSipSimple, which only works with android. Two conditions need to be met to set this up:

1. Your router must be able to assign static subnet ip addresses to the OBi and SIP client on your mobile phone.
2. The SIP client must be able to call without registration.

If those two conditions are met, then you can use your mobile in the same way as a fixed phone plugged into the OBi.