News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem Adding Picture to Contact on OBi1032

Started by Boykin, September 28, 2014, 07:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boykin

Has anyone been able to add a photo to a contact on the 1032?  I copied a picture to the people folder on the 1032 but I cannot see the picture in the contacts app.  The only pics I see are the default Einstein and Gandhi pics.  Also, when I pull up the pics, the words "Hall of Fame" appear in white jut above the pics.  Does anyone know how to get to the pics a copied to the phone?  

Edit:  I tried this on 2 1032s with the same results.

MarkObihai

I've just run through the process for adding contact pics and it works, here's the steps to follow:

• Navigate to the Settings (or Configuration) Application, then to Storage, select the USB flash drive then hit explore

• Highlight the image you want to copy, then press select, then copy

• After pressing copy you will be moved to the destination window.  Highlight people, press the tick button to open the folder.  In the folder press paste.

• Next, press the Home key, open contacts, select the contact, press the tick key, highlight picture and press the edit button - you should now the see the picture you copied from your USB stick.  Highlight the image, press select and then at the next screen press save.

• Your contact should now appear with an image beside them.

Bluetooth contact picture import will also be implemented soon.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

Boykin

That is exactly what I did and I cannot see the pictures that I saved to the people folder from the contacts app.  If I explore the internal storage, I can see the pictures that I saved to the people folder, but I cannot see Einstein or Gandhi.  When I go to the contacts and try to add a picture, I see Einstein and Gandhi and not the pictures saved to the people folder.  It also says Hall of Fame above Einstein and Gandhi's pictures in the contacts app.  It appears as if my contacts app is looking in a different location for pictures than the people folder. 

What software version are you on?  I am on 5.0.0 Build 1583 and no upgrade is available.  What file types are you using?  I am using .jpg and .png and I cannot see them from the contacts app. 

Boykin

I pasted a .jpg into every folder except ringtones and fonts and it still does not show up to select for a contact. 

Also, picture caller ID does not work either.  I set up a contact with my cell number and Einstein as the pic and when I call my Google Voice number, no photo is shown. 

Boykin

Here are pictures of the people folder with a file in it and what I see when I try to add a picture to contacts. 

MarkObihai

I tried this on the same build as you, so this is odd.  What is the size of the image you are trying to import as the contact picture?  If you resize it to something smaller (say 100x100 pixels) does it work?

Boykin

I shrunk the pic to 100x100 pixels, but it still did not work.  I think my contacts app is looking in the wrong folder for pictures.  I can see the Einstein and Gandhi pictures in the contacts app, but not when I look in the people folder. 

WelshPaul

Ok so I just ran through this process on my 1032 running firmware v.(1583) and I have exactly the same issue as Boykin.

I actually uploaded a jpg image of yours truly, optimized at 75x100px and 8kb in size.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

MarkObihai

I think I found the issue.  I originally just used some wallpapers I had on my USB stick to test the functionality - they are all 480x272 pixels in size (same as the OBi Phone Screen resolution).  When an image fits this exact size you should find you can use it as a contact picture.  However, if I copy over an image of any other resolution then I have the same problem as you.

I'll get this one added as a bug  ;)

WelshPaul

Quote from: MarkObihai on October 01, 2014, 07:09:26 AM
I originally just used some wallpapers I had on my USB stick to test the functionality

Now that's just being lazy! ;)
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

MarkObihai