News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple OBi Devices

Started by FreeServiceForLife, September 12, 2014, 09:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeServiceForLife

Can you set up multiple OBi devices with the same Google Voice accounts?  The scenario would be if you own 2 homes and you want to set up a device in each home to ring.

Thanks,

gderf

I don't know the answer about having two devices connected to the same GV account.

Another way to accomplish the same thing would be to get a free DID from Callcentric, configure one of the OBis for it and forward your GV number to it in addition to Google chat.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Boykin

I have 3 OBi1032 set up with the same 2 GV numbers on all 3.  I think when I receive a call on either of the GV numbers, all 3 1032s ring.  I will check this this weekend and post back. 

Boykin

I used my cell phone to call one of my GV numbers and I walked to each of my 1032s and verified that each of them were ringing when I called. 

FreeServiceForLife

Quote from: azrobert on July 23, 2014, 12:49:19 PM
If you have 2 OBi1xx's registered to one GV account you can make outbound calls from either.
The last OBi to register to GV will receive inbound calls, so you could reboot the OBi at your current location to receive calls.
You could setup each OBi to ring the phone port on both OBi's, so you don't have to do the reboot.
Change Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
To: {ph,pp(123456789)}

SPx is the SP where GV is defined.
123456789 is the OBi number of the other OBi.

The above uses the OBitalk network to route the call to the other OBi.
Now it doesn't matter which OBi receives the call, both will ring.

The OBi2xx has an option where both OBi's will receive the inbound call.

What if one of the devices is an OBi100 and the other an OBi200?  Would setting the OBi200 take care of the both of them?  Where is that setting in the OBi200?

Thanks,

FreeServiceForLife

Just to follow-up the question above:

What I'm trying to do is set up the OBi200 in my main home and repurpose my older OBi100 in my second home so that SP1 and SP2 all ring each device simultaneously.  If I set up the OBi200 first, it is my understanding that there is no need to reboot the device once the OBi100 connects to GV.  Does that mean the Obi100 as the last device to connect to GV will stay persistent?  Seems to me if the OBi200 "self-reboots" then the OBi100 would no longer be the last to connect.

azrobert, is the setting on the OBi200 you are referring to the X_AcceptResync?

Thanks,

azrobert

I currently have 2 OBi110s, so I can't answer your questions. I read on the forum about the OBi2xx and don't know the setting. I couldn't resist the sale price of $30 for an OBi200 at Newegg. I will be getting it in a day or 2 and will test this function then. If you find out the answer to your questions please post. Maybe someone else can chime in.

FreeServiceForLife

Quote from: azrobert on September 14, 2014, 09:05:46 AM
I couldn't resist the sale price of $30 for an OBi200 at Newegg. I will be getting it in a day or 2 and will test this function then.

Azrobert,

I finally hooked up my new OBi 200 and activated the same GV numbers/accounts as on my OBi100.  I then plugged back in the OBi100 and found that while I was able to make outgoing calls from the OBi100, incoming calls would only ring the OBi200.  That's sort of what I thought was going to happen given the OBi200 will reauthorize itself with GV after the last attempt by the OBi100.

Have you tried this yourself?  Any different experience?

Thanks

azrobert

I'm getting the same result.

You can fork incoming calls on the OBi200 to the phone port and to the OBi100 using the OBitalk network. This is basically what I said in the link I provided in my reply#2 above, but now you only have to put the code in the OBi200.

OBi200 X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(123456789)}

123456789 is the OBi number of the OBi100.

FreeServiceForLife

Quote from: azrobert on September 30, 2014, 09:20:26 PM
I'm getting the same result.

You can fork incoming calls on the OBi200 to the phone port and to the OBi100 using the OBitalk network. This is basically what I said in the link I provided in my reply#2 above, but now you only have to put the code in the OBi200.

OBi200 X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(123456789)}

123456789 is the OBi number of the OBi100.

Thanks Azrobert.  Question for you.. since the OBi100 doesn't maintain the GV connection, can you just use the OBi100 to route outgoing calls to the OBi200 like you do for the incoming calls?  That way you don't even need to set up GV at all on the OBi100.

Z

azrobert

I believe the OBi100 stays connected to GV. If you go to the Status screen, it shows GV connected.

If you route outbound calls to the OBi200 via OBiTalk network you are adding 2 legs to the call. 1 leg to the OBiTalk servers and another to the OBi200 and then out GV. I think you should only do this if you need both SP trunks on the OBi100 for something else.

This is how to do it:

OBi100

Add to the beginning of the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:
{(<200200200*>1xxxxxxxxxx):pp},

or

{(<200200200*>(Msp1)):pp},

200200200 is the OBi number of the OBi200.
The 1st will route 11 digit numbers.
The 2nd will route any number that matches the ITSP A DigitMap.

OBi200

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{100100100>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

100100100 is the OBi number of the OBi100.