News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice forwarding to CallCentric Again?

Started by highpks, October 01, 2014, 05:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highpks

It seems this is an old issue, but it's been working OK for me for a while. Now, it seems GV->CC is not working. If I can call my CC number, no problem ringing on my Obi100. If I forward GV to Google Chat, again, no problem ringing on the Obi. One interesting difference I experience from other times this was reported is that the call is never transferred to voice mail...just rings forever.

Anyone else? FYI, I am using CC for CNAM.

SteveInWA

Google Voice does forward successfully to Callcentric.  Currently, the bug from last year is back, such that caller ID data is getting blocked or sent incorrectly, in the path between GV and certain CC DIDs (their free DIDs from their own CLEC, Telengy).

I'm working on the caller ID issue with Google staff; no promises if/when we can get it fixed.

If you aren't receiving calls at all, forwarded from GV to CC, then try adding some other forwarding phone number, and see what happens.  Also, can you reliably receive calls made directly to your CC DID number (not forwarded through GV)?  By reliably, I mean, every time, with multiple attempts.

highpks

All calls forwarded to CC from GV fail. All calls direct to my CC DID succeed. I will try another forwarded number from VG and report back.

VOIPisGreat

I can confirm that there are 2 issues:

I have 2 different GV numbers both forward to the same callcentric free NY DID. Calls to one of the GV numbers always show the same (and wrong) callerID that's local to the callcentric number. Calls to the other GV number never  reach callcentric, phone doesn't ring and no incoming shows in the callcentric call log.

VOIPisGreat

Update:

CallerID issue is gone, now calls to callcentric free DIDs show the correct callerID again...

...But there's a huge delay for GV to ring the callcentric DIDs, I usually get only 1 ring before GV voicemail pickup.

highpks

Tried 3 calls:

1st rang after 3 rings, callerid good, 3 more rings until VM
2nd never rang, VM after 5 rings
3rd rang after 4 rings, callerid good after 5, then one more ring to VM

Still entirely unreliable.

Rick

Engineers from both companies should be talking in the next 24 hours.  If that doesn't remedy the problem, I for one will be leaving one or both. 

Rick

I've been checking most every day.  Today, I get immediate forwarding. 

I also got a Dirt Cheap DID to play with from CC for testing.  It also immediately rang.

I'm looking forward to GV and CC providing each other with the technical data that shows exactly what was/is happening so that whoever needs to can make permanent adjustments that aren't modified by "seeking cheaper routing" software or accountants.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: Rick on October 22, 2014, 04:42:30 AMI'm looking forward to GV and CC providing each other with the technical data that shows exactly what was/is happening so that whoever needs to can make permanent adjustments .....

Me too.

carl

It's beyond me why Callcentric should get involved in this foolishness. What a waste of resources. These problems only occur when bottom of the barrel providers are involved in call forwarding to Callcentric. I am only worried that constant bugging of CC's customer service with this nonsense may cause CC drop the free NYC DID service altogether, which I                                              hb would really regret.

dircom

I agree with Carl, It would be sad if CallCentric quit providing free service, because they were annoyed with people demanding they talk to Google and fix the problem.

I am paying for Voip, in addition to using some of the free services, GV, CallCentric, IPCOMMS
I get reliable Caller ID.  Several VOIP providers are less expensive, than just the taxes alone from the legacy providers.

MikeHObi

Quote from: Rick on October 22, 2014, 04:42:30 AM

I'm looking forward to GV and CC providing each other with the technical data that shows exactly what was/is happening so that whoever needs to can make permanent adjustments that aren't modified by "seeking cheaper routing" software or accountants.

While I do believe there are people at google that care, I have no faith that Google itself cares one bit about these problems.  They have been occurring for over a year and seem to keep occurring with no resolution. If you were having these types of problems with Anveo calls to Callcentric or Future9 making calls to Anveo, you know that the issues would get resolved quickly. 

I continue to use GV for my cell phone.  But it remains unreliable for use for a home phone if you want to foward it through another provider to get CNAME.

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

VOIPisGreat

The callerID has been broken from GV to CC free DID again for me since yesterday. All the calls show "anonymous" now....

Rick

I was concerned that when everything worked great on 10/22, before Google called CC, they wouldn't be able to see the problem.  Alas, I should have had faith that it would rear its ugly head again.

I'd like to say whether mine comes through or not, but my GV forwarding is now back to a delay of 4 rings before CC gets the call, which results in only 1 ring before the call goes to GV Voicemail, so nothing shows on the display...

GV => Free DID - 4 rings, then house phone rang, then went to voicemail.

Testing via IPComms rang immediately and showed the number (GV => IPComms => CC).

Testing Dirt Chip DID rang instantly and showed number (GV => Dirt Cheap DID)

Testing again  GV => Free DID - 4 rings, then voicemail, house phone never rang.

Taoman

Quote from: Rick on October 24, 2014, 06:05:52 AM

Testing via IPComms rang immediately and showed the number (GV => IPComms => CC).

Testing Dirt Chip DID rang instantly and showed number (GV => Dirt Cheap DID)

Interesting. Were you able to show or was Callcentric support able to see that the "Dirt Cheap" DIDs appear to work fine with GV whereas the Free DIDs do not? I'm just wondering if CC acknowledges this or if they still put all the blame on Google Voice (which is where it may belong for all I know)?

Also, I'm curious in the perceived difference (if any) between the IPComms DID and the Dirt Cheap DID. Does one ring your phone quicker than the other? Can you tell any difference in call quality between the two?

Rick

No.  On 10/22 they all rang immediately.

GV has not contacted CC as of 11:45 EST today, Steve sent them the contact info at 8PM Tuesday.  I don't understand why they haven't, and if they don't that sort of says they don't want to prove anything is  wrong on their end, at least to me.

GV to IPComms to CC Free DID rang instantly like any other phone, as did GV to Dirt Cheap DIDs.  No difference.

I have not tested quality, all are coming from GV.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Rick on October 24, 2014, 10:09:37 AM

GV has not contacted CC as of 11:45 EST today, Steve sent them the contact info at 8PM Tuesday.  I don't understand why they haven't, and if they don't that sort of says they don't want to prove anything is  wrong on their end, at least to me.

I sure am sick of this endless trash-talking.  My contact at Google did call the person at CC you gave us.  He got VM, left a message, and hasn't gotten a response.  He'll try again.  Google does want to help resolve this.  It takes two to tango.

Rick

No trash talking here Steve.  Doing the same thing you are doing, conveying what I'm told.

VOIPisGreat

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 24, 2014, 11:51:41 AM
Quote from: Rick on October 24, 2014, 10:09:37 AM

I sure am sick of this endless trash-talking.  My contact at Google did call the person at CC you gave us.  He got VM, left a message, and hasn't gotten a response.  He'll try again.  Google does want to help resolve this.  It takes two to tango.

If Google wants to fix it, wouldn't it be just as easy as to use a different termination provider to that particular CLEC?

carl

Quote from: VOIPisGreat on October 24, 2014, 01:17:31 PM

If Google wants to fix it, wouldn't it be just as easy as to use a different termination provider to that particular CLEC?

Yeah right. Like if they cared. It's much easier to bug and trash Callcentric.
And as far as CC not returning calls in reference to this - I do not blame them. Probably the only way to stay polite.  ::)