News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't receive Google Voice calls

Started by mikeyw, September 21, 2014, 08:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyw

New here, new to voip and new OBi user! ::) I've been searching but I was unable to find an answer.

I've setup my new OBi 200 and I'm able to make outgoing calls with my GV number. However, calls to my GV number don't ring on the phone connected to OBi, only on my cell phone.  I'm sure it's a simple setting, I just don't know which one. I'd like both cell and OBi phones to ring.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Taoman

Go here and make sure you have a checkmark in front of Google Chat.

https://www.google.com/voice#phones

jlcabinet

i can't receive call too even i check or unchecked Google chat, the phone will not ring. The phone making call is working fine. Any suggestion to fix it ?

SteveB

Like you, I tried checking and unchecking Google Chat while testing to see if my phone would ring. It didn't and was frustrating.

Then I went through the Google Voice forums and it sunk in that it takes time between my checking the Google Chat option in Google Voice settings and then to propagate through Google's servers.

I discovered that checking that option, and leaving for dinner out with my wife, had it working two hours later when I returned. Now the cordless phone I have connected to my Obi200 rings *before* my mobile phone rings! Works flawlessly and I've advised two buddies of mine to just check-it-and-forget-it and it will be working in 1-3 hours.