News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 outgoing voice breaks up, incoming great, using Google Voice as provider.

Started by DSpivey, October 05, 2014, 12:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSpivey

I have recently set up the OBi200. I use 3 Google Voice lines. Fairly often during a conversation, my outgoing voice breaks up. The incoming voice is perfect. I never hear a problem. I really don't want to deal with port forwarding if not ABSOLUTELY necessary, since there are two OBi200's on this internet connection, one of which is used by another family member, and to which I do not have ready access. Therefore, I don't want to enhance my experience by forwarding to my device, to the detriment of theirs.

NOTE: Here in the country, I do have rather slow internet service. Speedtest.net shows 46 ms ping, 1.14 Mbps down and 0.23 Mbps up. I realize that it may not be possible to have -perfect- service due to this connection, but I want to get at close to perfect as possible.

drgeoff

230 kbit/s is very low given that a single call requires close to half of that.  You need to ensure that there is no significant outward trafic happening at the same time.  Use of a router than can prioritise traffic may be helpful.