News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo E911 Not Working (using voip.ms as SP1)

Started by N432SEAN, December 02, 2014, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N432SEAN

I've been using voip.ms for several months without issue. Today, I tried to add Anveo E911 by following the "Anveo E911 Sign-Up" from OBiTALK. Anveo E911 is listed as SP2 in OBiTALK, but neither 933 nor 911 are working. Anveo confirmed the E911 setup via email, "Congratulations! 'EZ911 with Alerts!' service for your OBi device is activated. ". It also says "To test E911 address, device provisioning and audio test you can dial 933". When I dail 933, I get the error, "The number you dialed '933' was rejected by the service provider. Reason is 484." When I try to call 911, I just get a busy signal. How should I troubleshoot this setup?

sailing

I asked this once. Check out http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=6881.0

Basically, the Obi doesn't know what to do with 933 and if you have an Obi110, 911 is directed to the line. You will need to add the following to what is already in the outbound call route.
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{(911|933):sp1}

Voip.ms had e911. Why use a different service? You will be tying up a second SPx.

ceg3

933 should work for your with Anveo E911.  Have you tried deleting the service and setting it back up?

When you add it back to the SP and the service providers page opens up scroll down to compatible service providers and then select Anveo from the long list of providers.  Then fill in user and password and check off use 911.  Proxy location will show Dallas.  This configuration may be a little different from what you had, but it is the way it is setup if the credentials are sent from Anveo.  Maybe this setup will work better for you.

N432SEAN

QuoteYou will need to add the following to what is already in the outbound call route. Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute: {(911|933):sp1}
My OutboundCallRoute already automatically had {911:sp2},{933:sp2}, which I think is correct for my setup. I want 911 and 933 to go out through SP2.

QuoteVoip.ms had e911. Why use a different service?
Voip.ms insists that I use my DID number as the caller id number for all outgoing calls if I enable e911. I prefer to use my Google Voice number as my caller id number.

QuoteHave you tried deleting the service and setting it back up?
I am trying now. I deleted Anveo E911 from SP2, and added Anveo back by selecting it from the list of providers, selecting the option  for existing users, and then logging into Anveo. 933 and 911 still weren't working. I then tried the following for SP2, but still no luck - https://www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=sip_obi110

Thank you both for your help, and your ideas, but 911 and 933 still aren't working for me.

ceg3

I don't think you exactly followed my suggestion.  You wouldn't have come across an option to configure as existing user.  You can still go back over it and try again, but it might be time to open a free service ticket with Anveo.