News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can call out but cannot hear incoming (Obi110)

Started by DannyR, December 01, 2014, 03:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyR

Hello everyone,

I just spent the night setting up my Obi110, now I can make outgoing calls but I cannot seem to receive incoming calls properly. The phone rings, but when I pick it up I cannot hear anything, then after a while it goes to an echo and I can hear myself, then finally it goes back to dial tone. Any ideas on why this is happening?

drgeoff

Is your 110 configured to receive calls on POTS and SIP? Which one(s) have the problem?

What ITSP are you using?

Are you configuring via the OBiTALK portal or the local web GUI?

DannyR

I used the setup supplied to me by a friend and am just getting my head around it all. I am using ITSP Profile A which is linked to a Telecube account (Australian VOIP service provider) and I have nothing in ITSP Profile B. I used local setup via the wed GUI. In the inboundcallroute I just have ph so should receive from both, although the calls which are exhibiting the echo are directed towards my fixed line (PSTN), I do not use my SIP account for incoming calls just outgoing.

drgeoff

Hmm!  Usually calls from the POTS/PSTN line are easy.  Should work with no changes at all to the default values of the configuration settings.  Can usually benefit from a bit of tweaking of impedance and CallerID settings But I cannot envisage those giving the symptoms you describe.

There are several InboundCallRoutes so make sure the one under 'Physical Ports, Line Port' is set to the default ph.

I assume you have checked that when the phone you are using is connected directly to the telco line (Obi110 completely out of that circuit) incoming calls work properly.

Which settings on that Physical Ports, Line Port page are not set to default values?

Which settings on the Physical Ports, Phone Port page are not set to default values?

Mango

If this is being used with an Australian POTS line and phone, this may be helpful.  Let us know if it changes the symptoms: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=616.0