News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help needed to set up A 1032 phone

Started by lindafox7, October 06, 2014, 06:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindafox7

I want to monitor 5 phones with the programmable keys on the right side of the 1032. So when a call comes in I can transfer it. I am confused as where to register the sip numbers. The 1032 can hold 6 accounts, but it seems I can only use and specific account with its own number on a single  phone, not all six?? Thanks for any help to clarify this for me.

What good is having the ability to register 6 numbers,if you can not do this on six phones at the same time?

WelshPaul

Let me confirm - So what you want is to program five of the programmable keys as Busy Lamps. That way you can monitor each of the five phones and when pressing a programmable key have it call the phone it's monitoring?

Quote from: lindafox7 on October 06, 2014, 06:42:17 PM
I am confused as where to register the sip numbers. The 1032 can hold 6 accounts, but it seems I can only use and specific account with its own number on a single  phone, not all six?? Thanks for any help to clarify this for me.

What good is having the ability to register 6 numbers,if you can not do this on six phones at the same time?

You can register up to six sip accounts as you have found and you can have up to 12 lines assigned across the six sip accounts. You assign a line key to each of the sip accounts you have registered.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Boykin

I am doing part of what you are wanting to do.  I would like to do all of it, but I have not figured the rest of it out. 

I have both of my Google Voice numbers set op on my 3 1032s.  When a call comes in, all 3 1032s ring.  However, if you are on a call on one of the 1032s, you cannot tell if that line is busy on the other 2 1032s. 
I would also like to be able to put a call on hold on one 1032 and pick it up on another but I cannot do that at this time either. 

I am hoping that they make the 1032s work with OBiPlus and let a 1032 be a master.  This would let everything work the way I want it to. 

lindafox7

can I register the same sip account on multiple phones? I tried but it does not seem to work? one of the  phones is the 1032 the others are grandstream 1400s. Is the problem I am having due to the nature of a sip line, or the phones?

Larry

Boykin

You can register the same Google Voice account on multiple 1032 phones.  I am not sure about accounts from other companies.  I only have Google Voice accounts and 1032 phones to experiment with.  

If you have 4 extensions or less, you could get OBiPlus free if you buy a 202.  The 202 would be the master OBi and all your SIP accounts would be registered to the 202 and it would act as a proxy for you 2 IP phones and it has 2 ports for analog phone extensions.  I don't think OBiPlus is working with the 1032s yet though.  

Read what the OBiTalk sit has to say about OBiPlus and see if that will help you.

azrobert

Quote from: lindafox7 on October 08, 2014, 03:22:02 PM
can I register the same sip account on multiple phones?

Some providers allow multiple registrations, others don't. Some providers allow you to setup multiple extensions, Callcentric is one.

You can setup the OBi1032 as a proxy without OBiPlus. The Grandstream would have to be able to call out without registration.

TrekCom

Quote from: Boykin on October 08, 2014, 05:22:04 PM
You can register the same Google Voice account on multiple 1032 phones.  I am not sure about accounts from other companies.  I only have Google Voice accounts and 1032 phones to experiment with.  

If you have 4 extensions or less, you could get OBiPlus free if you buy a 202.  The 202 would be the master OBi and all your SIP accounts would be registered to the 202 and it would act as a proxy for you 2 IP phones and it has 2 ports for analog phone extensions.  I don't think OBiPlus is working with the 1032s yet though.  

Read what the OBiTalk sit has to say about OBiPlus and see if that will help you.

Is the 1032 working with OBiPlus?   I have been trying for two days to get it to work.

MarkObihai

I can confirm the OBi1032 works as an extension from an OBi202 with OBiPLUS.

Ensure you've setup an extension for the OBi1032 to use on the OBi202 at Voice Service --> OBiPLUS Service

Then on the OBi1032, ensure you have it setup as follows:
First Setup ITSP Profile A/B/C/D/E (Whichever slot you wish to use for the voice service). For this example I will use ITSP Profile B and SP2.

ITSP Profile B --> General

Digitmap:  ([12345]xx|[67]XX|[89]{t=od}(Msp))    <--  This should be the same as what is setup as the digit map for this extension on the OBi202

ITSP Profile B --> SIP

ProxyServer: 555555555.pnn.obihai.com <-- Note, change 555555555 to your OBi202's OBi Number (Printed on the bottom of the device)
ProxyServerPort: Only change this if you have changed the port used for your OBiTALK service.  Otherwise leave as default
Registration Period: 1200
X_UseRefer:  Set to enabled (i.e uncheck the default and check the option)
X_ProxyRequire:  obiplus <-- enter this into the field

Service Providers --> SP2 Service

X_DisplayLabel: OBiPLUS <-- You can give this any name you like
X_DisplayNumber: eg 104 <-- You can enter the extension number or any phone number you like here
X_ServProvProfile:  B  <-- change this to match whichever ITSP profile you are using
AuthUserName:  eg 104 <-- make this the same as the extension number you setup for the OBi1032 on the OBi202
AuthPassword: your_password <-- enter the password you assigned to this extension

You will want to make sure you setup a call key for the service - you can do this on the OBi1032 at IP Phone --> Line Keys and assign a "Call Appearance" key - choose the SP service you setup for OBiPLUS (ie SP2).

Your OBi1032 should now work with OBiPLUS
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

Boykin

Quote from: MarkObihai on December 03, 2014, 01:32:05 AM
I can confirm the OBi1032 works as an extension from an OBi202 with OBiPLUS.

Ensure you've setup an extension for the OBi1032 to use on the OBi202 at Voice Service --> OBiPLUS Service

Then on the OBi1032, ensure you have it setup as follows:
First Setup ITSP Profile A/B/C/D/E (Whichever slot you wish to use for the voice service). For this example I will use ITSP Profile B and SP2.

ITSP Profile B --> General

Digitmap:  ([12345]xx|[67]XX|[89]{t=od}(Msp))    <--  This should be the same as what is setup as the digit map for this extension on the OBi202

ITSP Profile B --> SIP

ProxyServer: 555555555.pnn.obihai.com <-- Note, change 555555555 to your OBi202's OBi Number (Printed on the bottom of the device)
ProxyServerPort: Only change this if you have changed the port used for your OBiTALK service.  Otherwise leave as default
Registration Period: 1200
X_UseRefer:  Set to enabled (i.e uncheck the default and check the option)
X_ProxyRequire:  obiplus <-- enter this into the field

Service Providers --> SP2 Service

X_DisplayLabel: OBiPLUS <-- You can give this any name you like
X_DisplayNumber: eg 104 <-- You can enter the extension number or any phone number you like here
X_ServProvProfile:  B  <-- change this to match whichever ITSP profile you are using
AuthUserName:  eg 104 <-- make this the same as the extension number you setup for the OBi1032 on the OBi202
AuthPassword: your_password <-- enter the password you assigned to this extension

You will want to make sure you setup a call key for the service - you can do this on the OBi1032 at IP Phone --> Line Keys and assign a "Call Appearance" key - choose the SP service you setup for OBiPLUS (ie SP2).

Your OBi1032 should now work with OBiPLUS

Questions

1.  Do I need to go through the OBiPlus setup and add the 1032s there and then edit the 1032 settings on OBiTalk to match what you describe?
2.  Do I need to do a factory reset on my 1032s to erase their current settings or will the current settings be overwritten when I finish the OBiPlus wizard?
3.  I know I can only have 4 extensions for a free OBiPlus?  Can I only use one on the 202 and use 3 1032s?

MarkObihai

1.  Do I need to go through the OBiPlus setup and add the 1032s there and then edit the 1032 settings on OBiTalk to match what you describe?

I've described my setup by using the manual process.  On the OBi202, when you go into expert configuration in OBiTALK, you will see OBiPLUS under voice services.  In there is where I setup each extension.  Next on the OBi1032s, again via expert configuration, make the changes listed above.

2.  Do I need to do a factory reset on my 1032s to erase their current settings or will the current settings be overwritten when I finish the OBiPlus wizard?

You don't need to do a factory reset, just setup your OBiPLUS extension in a fresh SP slot.

3.  I know I can only have 4 extensions for a free OBiPlus?  Can I only use one on the 202 and use 3 1032s?

Yes you can use OBiPLUS in that fashion.

I hope that helps  :)

TrekCom

I have followed your instructions but I end up with a amber light on the line that I have configured as the extension appearance and it won't work.  Any ideas?

Is there anyone working on getting the ObiPlus working with the 1032.  I would think this would be a prime project. 

Thanks,

Roger

MarkObihai

If you are seeing an amber light then it's because the device isn't registering to OBiPLUS.  Can you confirm all of your settings have been configured correctly?  Did you put all of your settings into an unused SP/ITSP slot on the phone?  Also, did you use OBiExpert via the OBiTALK portal or the local device configuration web page?

For now, you treat setting up the OBi Phone via OBiPLUS just like you would any other device that doesn't have built-in OBiPLUS templates - that is follow the manual process.

There is another approach you can take that will give you most of the functionality that exists within OBiPLUS and will work "peer-to-peer" between the devices.  See the tutorial in this post:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9104.0  - on the last page of this tutorial it's explained how to setup single stage dialling between devices and you can apply the earlier parts of the document to implementing extension dialling between devices.