News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI-110 set up for local service

Started by salimashah, September 25, 2014, 08:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salimashah

Please let me know if I should start a new thread.

Next problem ... security system

Setup:
obi-110 configured to use as local land Phone line and toll through Google voice. [reply #4]

Omni Pro II security panel.

Telco  <--> Security Panel <--> Obi-110 <-->  DoorBellFon*  <--> phone(s)

*DoorBellFon rings the phone when some one presses the door bell. Voice communication can be established from outside to any phone that is picked up.
(I need to double check, but last time this was working). It is downstream.

Security Panel: OmniPro II.

Problem:
Without the Obi-110, there is a protocol between the phone and the Security panel is:

#x, to #xxx [3 digits]
###### (Six consecutive #)
*     [cancel

list of commands is here
www.homeauto.com/Downloads/.../ConsolesTouchscreens/20C00-2.pdf

I think Obi passes the tones from pressing the phone keys once the connection is established.

So I guess I need "#" to be sent to the local land line.

Salim

salimashah

It seems there is no quick answer to "#" for security system.

So going back to setup:
Under Phone -> DigitMap (after reply 4) I have
((Mli)|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Phone -> OutboundCallRoute (after reply4) I have
{(Mli):li},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Most of the stuff is due to default (other than as instructed in reply 4)

IMHO azrobert may have overlooked that the default setting here include 911 to be routed through Phone. azrobert suggested that I add xxx in the Line digitmap as I wanted three digit to be routed to analog line. I have verified that a three digit call to 311 gets routed to analog phone. County is not going to be happy with test call to 911 :D

Q: To prevent 911 to go through to Phone, should I make the following changes.
DigitMap  change  [1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|    to   [1-9][0-9]S9|**0|  (strip out |911)
OutBoundCallRoute  change {(<#:>|911):li}  to  {(<#:>):li}

I still dont feel very comfortable in making the changes without consulting.  Once burnt, twice shy , I guess

Salim

ianobi

My advice is to leave 911 in both the Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute. There is some duplication at the moment as the rule "xxx" in (Mli) will match 911. The end result is the same - both cases route 911 to line, which is what is required.

If at any time you change (Mli) and maybe remove/change the "xxx" rule, then you could find that 911 will not be an allowed number and will not route anywhere if the "xxx" rule is all that you rely on for 911.

salimashah

Who wins when we have both the Phone and Line match?

As long as there is a guarantee that Line (Analog) would win for me, I will be OK. [My Phone is through GoogleVoice and they do not have 911 support].

If Phone wins, then can some one bless my proposed changes.

Thanks

Salim

azrobert

I think you are confused.
Both {(Mli):li} and {(<#:>|911):li} route calls to the Line port.
The OutboundCallRoute processes left to right.
When the dialed number matches a rule it is routed to the designated trunk and processing stops.
{(Mli):li} will always route 3 digit numbers to the Line port because it is the first rule.
{(<#:>|911):li} will route # to the Line port.

If you want change it to {(<#:>):li}

{(Mpli):pli} is the rule that routes calls to GV on SP1.
pli points to the Primary line which you have set to SP1.

salimashah

"confused" ... you are  being kind here azrobert.

It really is lack of understanding :)

DigitMap without variable is easy to understand, but the  RouteControl is not well understood by me.

Thanks again.

Salim

azrobert

I made an error with my last post.
The following will not work and was removed from that post:
OR
Remove {(<#:>|911):li} and add # to the DigitMap like this:
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap
(#|xxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|18(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx)

Edit:
It seems I'm the one confused.
I also made an error with this:
"If you want change it to {(<#:>:li}"

I changed it to"
"If you want change it to {(<#:>):li}"

salimashah

I am back with setup questions related to security panel.

1. How I do I pass '#' to the line port (telco side) and then allow communication (any key from phone and voice from the line to the phone).

2. How do I allow AutoAttendent to prevent "#" to be sent to the line (telco side).

Salim

azrobert

{(<#:>):li} in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute will remove "#" from the dialed number. It's like you didn't dial anything, so you just get Dial Tone.

Change the rule to {#:li} and now the "#" will be sent out the line port. After that the OBi110 will not be in control and you will be able to dial anything.

The Auto Attendant has its own OutboundCallRoute that doesn't include this rule, so you don't have to worry.

I don't think you are using the Auto Attendant, so just disable it.

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Enable: Unchecked

salimashah

I have made the setting.

Will test it out and post back.

Thank you azrobert.

If any obi110 user want me to share my settings, I can post them here.

Salim