News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Blocking Robo Calls

Started by azrobert, October 12, 2014, 08:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

No typos. I just tested Denetron & Tollfreeproxy and they are not working, so Arctele and Alcazarnetworks are the only tf providers working for me.

SteveInWA

Quote from: azrobert on December 13, 2016, 10:01:57 PM
No typos. I just tested Denetron & Tollfreeproxy and they are not working, so Arctele and Alcazarnetworks are the only tf providers working for me.

Thanks, Robert; I appreciate it.

BigJim_McD

Thanks for the heads up, I switched to:
    tf.arctele.com   
and NoMoRobo is working again, answering the Bad Guys for me.
BigJimMcD

lhm.

I now use "tf.arctele.com" (tollfreeproxy stopped working) for toll free numbers and it seems to work well.  Account holders at localphone.com and voip.ms are allowed toll free # termination. I have accounts at both and they are both setup as a gateways on Obi100, not sure how to set that up with this config (1866732XXXX@tf.arctele.com;ui=$1) should tf.arctele.com stop service.

Taoman

I can't figure out how you guys are getting tf.arctele.com to work. I haven't tried configuring it as a gateway yet since I don't have that need.

I've been trying to use it as both a speed dial (to check specific numbers via Nomorobo) and also as part of a VoIP.ms ring group to run incoming calls through Nomorobo. Neither case works for me the way sip.tollfreeproxy.com used to.

However, tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com works great for me in all instances. So I don't really need arctele but it would be nice to have a reliable backup since it seems like tollfree sites are rapidly diminishing.

Also, toll free calls are working again using Sip Broker at Callcentric but still doesn't seem to be working with VoIP.ms.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on December 18, 2016, 08:37:07 PM
I can't figure out how you guys are getting tf.arctele.com to work. I haven't tried configuring it as a gateway yet since I don't have that need.

I've been trying to use it as both a speed dial (to check specific numbers via Nomorobo) and also as part of a VoIP.ms ring group to run incoming calls through Nomorobo. Neither case works for me the way sip.tollfreeproxy.com used to.

However, tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com works great for me in all instances. So I don't really need arctele but it would be nice to have a reliable backup since it seems like tollfree sites are rapidly diminishing.

Also, toll free calls are working again using Sip Broker at Callcentric but still doesn't seem to be working with VoIP.ms.

I'm using it to fork the nomorobo calls in Voice Service-->SPx-->X_InboundCallRoute:

{(5nnnnnnnnn|6nnnnnnnnn|6nnnnnnnnn):aa},{ph1,sp2(18667326184@tf.arctele.com:5060;ui=$1)}

I did not test whether or not the port 5060 suffix made a difference, but it was listed on arctele's website that way.

azrobert

SIP Broker is another option. It was down, but it's fixed now.
See: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31132671-General-SIP-Broker-Toll-Free-termination-via-CC-peering

You need to prefix the NoMoRobo number with a star like this:
spx(*1866732XXXX@sipbroker.com;ui=$1)

azrobert

I had a config conflict when testing Denetron. It's now working for me.
Here is my list of tollfree providers:
tf.arctele.com
tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com
sip.denetron.com
sipbroker.com (prefix number with "*")

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on December 19, 2016, 06:43:54 AM
I had a config conflict when testing Denetron. It's now working for me.
tf.arctele.com
sip.denetron.com

Thanks for the info.

Turns out my problem when trying to use tf.arctele.com was that I wasn't prepending a "1" to the number.

All the tollfree providers you listed are now working fine for me.

However, Sip Broker still doesn't work on VoIP.ms using either network peering (**275*1800XXXXXXX) or SIP URI (1800XXXXXXX@sipbroker.com).

azrobert

Quote from: Taoman on December 19, 2016, 09:50:20 AM
However, Sip Broker still doesn't work on VoIP.ms using either network peering (**275*1800XXXXXXX) or SIP URI (1800XXXXXXX@sipbroker.com).

I never had a VoIP.ms account, but I assume the SIP URI should begin with an "*".

Webslinger

Quote from: azrobert on December 19, 2016, 06:43:54 AMI had a config conflict when testing Denetron. It's now working for me.
tf.arctele.com
sip.denetron.com

I appreciate that this is an old thread.

It appears that these services no longer work, at least not without registration.

tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com = 503 Contact Alcazar Networks 8YY calls require authentication
sipbroker.com = We're sorry. The Zip code you have dialed is not correct.

I suspect new rules require EIN/TIN verification.

Does anyone know of a toll-free termination service that passes CID and works without registration for free?

Taoman

Quote from: Webslinger on August 30, 2022, 03:22:54 PMDoes anyone know of a toll-free termination service that passes CID and works without registration for free?

switch.starcompartners.com

You can use (213)546-0198 (in a speed dial) to test with as it's an active robocaller number that Nomorobo blocks.

spX(18667326185@switch.starcompartners.com;ui=2135460198)

Webslinger

Quote from: Taoman on August 30, 2022, 04:12:28 PMswitch.starcompartners.com

Thank you very much.

I had been using speed dials to test with ovh.starcompartners.com, which wasn't working for me. Now it suddenly is (I edited my previous post to reflect that), and switch.starcompartners.com works as well.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Lynx

Quote from: Taoman on August 30, 2022, 04:12:28 PM
Quote from: Webslinger on August 30, 2022, 03:22:54 PMDoes anyone know of a toll-free termination service that passes CID and works without registration for free?

switch.starcompartners.com

You can use (213)546-0198 (in a speed dial) to test with as it's an active robocaller number that Nomorobo blocks.

spX(18667326185@switch.starcompartners.com;ui=2135460198)

This one doesn't work for me without registration, I get a 503 error code returned.

Any new alternatives for registration-free toll-free outgoing SIP?

Taoman

Quote from: Lynx on May 05, 2023, 08:54:45 PMThis one doesn't work for me without registration, I get a 503 error code returned.

Any new alternatives for registration-free toll-free outgoing SIP?

I just tried switch.starcompartners.com and it worked fine without registration. They are very picky about multiple consecutive attempts. You can't try it over and over and over again especially with the same test number. They will block you...at least temporarily.
Wait a few hours and try it again, one time, and see if it works.
Edit: You can also try ovh.starcompartners.com

If that doesn't work you can try my super secret last resort toll free number termination site:
spX(18667326184@72.11.130.234;ui=2135460198) [which is actually la.starcompartners.com]

Note: At least for me Nomorobo is close to being worthless and I no longer use it. Robocallers change their spoofed numbers so often that Nomorobo can't keep up.
I use a whitelist for known callers. Any unknown callers get routed to an IVR on Callcentric which stops all robocallers for me.