News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to dial any number starting 9 from analogue port

Started by theboy, October 12, 2014, 09:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theboy

Hi all, first post, so please be gentle ;D

I'm purely using my OBi110 as an FXO and FXS port for my Asterisk. Nothing else clever needs to happen within the OBi unit.

FXO seems to be working fine (and without the echo that plagues my Cisco devices) :)

FXS doesn't seem to allow any number starting with a 9, which is a blow, as 9 if the access digit for an outside line on my Asterisk.  Dialling 9 on the analogue port immediately gives a message stating call rejected by SP, error 484.  I'm sure this is a simple config error my end, but I can't see what  :-[

azrobert

If you want to dial 918005551212 have Asterisk remove the "9" prefix before sending the call to the OBi110.

If you want to dial "9" to get dial tone from the landline have Asterisk convert the "9" to a "#" before sending the call to the OBi110. # is the default on the OBi110 to get dial tone from the landline.

theboy

Quote from: azrobert on October 12, 2014, 09:52:42 AM
If you want to dial 918005551212 have Asterisk remove the "9" prefix before sending the call to the OBi110.

If you want to dial "9" to get dial tone from the landline have Asterisk convert the "9" to a "#" before sending the call to the OBi110. # is the default on the OBi110 to get dial tone from the landline.

I think you misunderstood, the OBI takes over the call before passing it to Asterisk, when the call is placed from the phone port.

What I what to happen is the FXS (phone port) user to be able to either dial an extension directly, or dial 9 followed by the pstn number. This is so it matches the functions on the IP phones directly connected to the Asterisk.

What is happening, it seems, is the OBI is seeing the 9, and not passing the call on to Asterisk, but redirecting to a (unconfigured) VoIP provider?

azrobert

Is the following correct?
You have SP1 setup as an extension on Asterisk.
You want to route all outbound calls to Asterisk via SP1.
You want all calls with a prefix of "9" sent back to the OBi110 and then routed out the line port.
Calls with a prefix "9" are failing.
Are any outbound calls from the OBi110 getting to Asterisk?

Did you change the following?
If not change it.
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Primary Line -> SP1 Service

If it starts to work you might have a long delay before the call is routed to Asterisk.

Post the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute and the ITSP Profile A DigitMap.

I see by your other thread you are in the UK.
Local calls are prefix 9 followed by how many digits?

theboy

Quote from: azrobert on October 17, 2014, 12:56:00 PM
Is the following correct?
You have SP1 setup as an extension on Asterisk.
You want to route all outbound calls to Asterisk via SP1.
You want all calls with a prefix of "9" sent back to the OBi110 and then routed out the line port.
Calls with a prefix "9" are failing.
Yes (although not *all* calls starting with 9 will go back to the OBi, as that's dependent on dialling rules with Asterisk, for example international will go via a VoIP provider).

Are any outbound calls from the OBi110 getting to Asterisk?
Yes - I can call other Asterisk extensions, and dial out via specific lines (set up within Asterisk 51-59 will pick lines 1 to 9).

Did you change the following?
If not change it.
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Primary Line -> SP1 Service
Yes, already set

If it starts to work you might have a long delay before the call is routed to Asterisk.
I've set up the dial plan on the OBi to dial it straight away.

Post the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute and the ITSP Profile A DigitMap.
Phone Port OutboundCallRoute: sp1
ITSP Profile A DigitMap: blank

I see by your other thread you are in the UK.
Local calls are prefix 9 followed by how many digits?

Thanks for any guidance you can give - I've come over from some Cisco SPA3102s in order to avoid the echo that 3 months of Cisco support calls couldn't resolve.  The Cisco does *exactly* what I want to do (echo aside!), although setup was probably easier as its a more popular device, and seems to be a lot more info available.

azrobert

I should have asked to see your Phone Port DigitMap.
I never used a blank DigitMap and I think it's not valid.
It doesn't matter if you don't refer back to it in the Phone DigitMap.
(Mpli) is the refer back in the Phone DigitMap.

Try Phone Port DigitMap: (@@.S2)
@@. will match anything.
S2 is a 2 second delay.
Be aware that if you pause for more than 2 seconds while dialing, the call will sent prematurely.
If you have a phone that you dial the number then press "Send", you can use a 1 second delay.

If you are already doing this or it doesn't fix your problem check the OBi110 call history.
Sign directly to the OBi110 using the Web interface.
The UserID and default password are both "admin".
Click Status then click Call History.

NoelB

To theboy
I have sp4 setup on an obi202 as an fxo and fxs port on my asterisk and any numbers dialled on the obi phone get passed to asterisk . I get the msg re rejection if I dial 9 only so it seems that somehow that your obi is trying to place the call after the first digit is dialled.Are you dialling the full number beginning with 9 or maybe 9*number .I have the obi registered to asterisk then as a DM in ITSP D (([2-7]xx)|(Mall)).The first to allow dialling other extns. I put dial plans in ITSPs and use the phone DM to pass everything and the OBCR to direct to sp4 by prefixing **4. you could set up syslog and check out the sp you are using for asterisk but I doubt the call is leaving your obi.

theboy

Quote from: azrobert on October 18, 2014, 07:36:26 AM
I should have asked to see your Phone Port DigitMap.
I never used a blank DigitMap and I think it's not valid.
It doesn't matter if you don't refer back to it in the Phone DigitMap.
(Mpli) is the refer back in the Phone DigitMap.

Try Phone Port DigitMap: (@@.S2)
@@. will match anything.
S2 is a 2 second delay.
Be aware that if you pause for more than 2 seconds while dialing, the call will sent prematurely.
If you have a phone that you dial the number then press "Send", you can use a 1 second delay.

If you are already doing this or it doesn't fix your problem check the OBi110 call history.
Sign directly to the OBi110 using the Web interface.
The UserID and default password are both "admin".
Click Status then click Call History.

This is my Phone digit map:
((2xxS0)|(9|5[1-4]0[12378]xxxxxxxxxS0)|(5[23]10000S0))

if I dial (from cordless phone), as soon as the 9 is pressed, I get:
"The number dialled, 9, is rejected by the service provider, reason 484"

theboy

Ah, seeing the digit map like that, rather than in the OBi interface, I can see the error!

Give me 5 mins

theboy

Changed the Phone Digit Map to:
((2xxS0)|(90[12378]xxxxxxxxxS0)|(5[23]10000S0))
And I can now dial numbers starting with 9. I just now need to expand this so I can use 5x to pick specific lines, then add all the other stuff such as Telco numbers, emergency etc. I'll have a further play from here.

Thanks to all for putting me back on the right track :D

theboy

Sorry, another quickie if somebody can help.  UK numbers are 11 digits, starting 01/02/03 (ignore others for now). My asterisk accepts 9 for outside line using its own call routing logic, or 5x where x is 1-8 for picking a specific outgoing line/trunk, bypassing Asterisk's call routing logic.

So digit map in OBi needs to be a combination of:
(90[123]xxxxxxxxxS0|5[1-8]0[123]xxxxxxxxxS0)

How would I combine those into one? eg:
((9|5[1-8])0[123]xxxxxxxxxS0)

Is that valid?

theboy

(Sorry to answer my own question)
Yes, that's valid.

Thanks again to all for helping me remove the 2 niggles I had remaining with replacing the echo ridden Cisco devices with the OBi. More OBi's now on order :D