News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What Service Proiders allow you to set the CallerID on outgoing calls?

Started by QBZappy, May 14, 2011, 03:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

OBi allows CID spoofing only if the SP allows it. Can others confirm Service Providers which allow for CID spoofing on the OBi.

A list of SP allowing for this feature will help us to workaround the OBi's lack of ability to pass the original CID on a bridged call. At the moment the OBi passes the CID of the number making the bridged call. If we call from our cell phones into the OBi some would like the ability to control the number displayed of the CID when dialing out.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

obi-support2

It's unlikely any real ITSP would allow you to spoof CID.

The main application of this option is when using the OBi as a gateway for an IPPBX (like Asterisk). IP PBX expects the gateway (OBi) to replace the caller ID with the original caller's.
OBIHAI Support Staff

QBZappy

Well, I can confirm that with voipms I can control the CID via their portal configuration page, and I can control the CNAME via the account name on the device registering with the voipms account. I didn't realize that this ability was unusual for a SP to offer.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

It's my understanding that CallWithUs lets the ATA set the CallerID as well as being able to set it from their control panel.  I don't have any funds in my CallWithUs account at the moment, so I can't test it.

jimates

Quote from: obi-support2 on May 14, 2011, 04:24:38 PM
It's unlikely any real ITSP would allow you to spoof CID.

The main application of this option is when using the OBi as a gateway for an IPPBX (like Asterisk). IP PBX expects the gateway (OBi) to replace the caller ID with the original caller's.

and so do we.

Sipgate allows you to input a number to display as your caller id

Because of the Obi caller id (or lack of), I just set up sipgate, google voice, google voice callback,  on my daughters Android.

QBZappy

Here is a forum thread that discusses some US providers that allow passing CID. Thread is old, but I think still relevant:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15698686