News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink Voicemails stored in two locations

Started by DrewMan, October 14, 2014, 09:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrewMan

I have voicemails that I saved when I dialed into voicemail on Vestalink that do not appear as Saved Voicemail on the webportal.  When I asked Vestalink about this, I was told that they store voicemail in two different locations... if you dial in and save, they store it on your Obi and if you listen online (through the webportal) it is stored there.  I found this to be very surprising.  A voicemail should be a voicemail matter how your first listened.  It should be accessible through either the webportal or by dialing in.

When I asked Ryan about this he said, "They are two different systems. I suggest using either the dial in method or the web portal / email notification method. Not both at the same time."

Anyone else discover this?

Lavarock7

As an aside, that is not all that weird.

For example, Voip.Ms currently stores voicemails on the registration server. Thus if you connect to one server, you can't get at the voicemail stored in another city. They are consolidating VM servers soon.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

Taoman

Quote from: Lavarock7 on October 14, 2014, 10:39:12 PM
As an aside, that is not all that weird.

I think it's a bit weird that Vestalink told him that some voicemails are stored "on your OBi." Me thinks something is a tad askew with that concept. Maybe I'll start storing my MP3s there.  ;)

riptcity00

Quote from: DrewMan on October 14, 2014, 09:45:08 PM
I have voicemails that I saved when I dialed into voicemail on Vestalink that do not appear as Saved Voicemail on the webportal.  When I asked Vestalink about this, I was told that they store voicemail in two different locations... if you dial in and save, they store it on your Obi and if you listen online (through the webportal) it is stored there.  I found this to be very surprising.  A voicemail should be a voicemail matter how your first listened.  It should be accessible through either the webportal or by dialing in.

When I asked Ryan about this he said, "They are two different systems. I suggest using either the dial in method or the web portal / email notification method. Not both at the same time."

Anyone else discover this?

I wasn't aware there are two different locations for voice mail, just thought there are different methods to access the same info.  I typically use the web portal, my iphone app or the house handsets to listen to voice mail, so probably didn't see the difference from dialing in to voice mail.

On another note, I did notice my saved voice mail messages on the web portal recently disappeared.  They weren't critical, but I was surprised and thought maybe they were doing some system maintenance.