News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

BT Headset use coming soon to the OBi202/200?

Started by mrjoe, October 21, 2014, 02:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

Wondering if a future firmware update will support pairing OBiBT with a bluetooth headset on the OBi202/200 to answer calls, like the 1032 IP Phone.

drgeoff

That missing question mark at the end of the subject field makes quite a difference!

mrjoe

Quote from: drgeoff on October 21, 2014, 03:45:11 AM
That missing question mark at the end of the subject field makes quite a difference!

edited - thanks

giqcass

LOL Even with the question mark it sounds like a facetious question that will be answered by the OP.

I'm speculating here but I don't think we will see that any time soon.  Here is my reasoning.  The OBI2xx series is meant to be used with a handset of some type.  Many handsets already have BT capability.  I would expect this function hit the OBI IP phones first if it is ever implemented at all.
Long live our new ObiLords!

mrjoe

Quote from: giqcass on October 21, 2014, 05:11:26 PM
I would expect this function hit the OBI IP phones first if it is ever implemented at all.

well what made me ask the question was an email I received about the 1032:

"OBiBT Bluetooth Adapter (OBiBT support coming soon). The OBiBT allows you to pair your OBi IP phone with your Bluetooth headset so you will be free to move around your office at will. Or, you can pair your mobile phone with the OBi1032 and take advantage of the excellent speaker and audio acoustics"

giqcass

It's good to hear they plan on implementing that feature.  I must have missed that one.  There may be some hope after it's fully functional and bug free on the 1032 if the demand is there. 

A question for you.  If they added support for a BT headset on the 2xx how would it work? Would it be answer only?  There is no keypad on the 2xx series.
Long live our new ObiLords!

mrjoe

I was thinking about them having a setting that will enable you to change the default device to use for calls.  eg. headset or handset.  if no headset available revert to handset.

When once would make a call on the phone, audio would be fed to the headset via bluetooth and then you would be able to hangup by pressing the hangup button on the headset or answer calls by pressing the pickup on the headset without having to touch the phone.

If one connected a headset in the middle of the call they could press the multi-function button and switch it to the headset.