News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call wrong numbers

Started by echen, October 22, 2014, 06:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

echen

I got a replaced Obi 110 working with GV fine.

The problem is the land line, everytime I call out to local land line by the attached phone or by obitalk thru the Obi110, i always going to the wrong no. even I call to my cellphone by the attached land line.

checked the land line and function ok with the phone directly connect to the line.

any suggetion?  DTMF problem?

Thanks in advance.

giqcass

Log in to your Obi directly and check the call history to see what is happening.  If it's DTMF you will likely see it in the logs.

Press ***1 from a phone attached to the obi to find the IP address. 
Type your OBI IP address in to a browser.
User and password are both admin unless you changed them.
Then navigate the menu as follows.
Status
>>>>>>>Call history
Long live our new ObiLords!

azrobert

You can try
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DTMFRxMode: Software

echen

Quote from: giqcass on October 22, 2014, 08:52:02 PM
Log in to your Obi directly and check the call history to see what is happening.  If it's DTMF you will likely see it in the logs.

Press ***1 from a phone attached to the obi to find the IP address. 
Type your OBI IP address in to a browser.
User and password are both admin unless you changed them.
Then navigate the menu as follows.
Status
>>>>>>>Call history
Thanks for your help, the device right now not in my hand, will try to ask people to check the log. the Obi expert show call status during I was making the call via obitalk seems ok -

echen

Quote from: azrobert on October 22, 2014, 08:53:01 PM
You can try
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DTMFRxMode: Software

thanks
it should be the Line port problem as both obitalk and phone call using the land line have problem, tried your advise and still problem.

drgeoff

The time of your post and your use of the word "cellphone" suggest that you are in  N. America.  If that is correct, I'm slightly puzzled that the called number has 8 digits.

echen

Quote from: drgeoff on October 23, 2014, 03:48:30 AM
The time of your post and your use of the word "cellphone" suggest that you are in  N. America.  If that is correct, I'm slightly puzzled that the called number has 8 digits.

No, I am staying Asia

MikeHObi

If you call your land line number does your obi ring?

When you call out through your land line does the obi show dialing the number you wanted to dial?
When you connect to the wrong number, have you asked the person what their number is?
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

echen

Quote from: MikeHObi on October 23, 2014, 06:56:49 AM
If you call your land line number does your obi ring?  Yes, call in is no problem at all.

When you call out through your land line does the obi show dialing the number you wanted to dial?  Yes, the number is correct.

When you connect to the wrong number, have you asked the person what their number is?  There are many tricky phone call here so peoples refuse to answer or even reject unknown number so I just can say sorry, wrong numbers otherwise my land line will have problems.

MarkObihai

This seems like a digit map problem - by default the device is set to accept North American numbers, so my guess is that the digit map is "clipping" the numbers when dialling via the Line Port.

Can you please try first dialling # (to open the Line port) THEN dial the number you wish to try?

If you can let us know which country in Asia you are in then we can develop a digit map to support your country.

Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)