News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Possible to display flashing red on analog phone when there is a voice message?

Started by Tango, February 01, 2015, 07:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tango

Hi there,

I have an (old) Northern Telecom phone connected to an OBi110 PHONE port, using FPL as the SP1. For inbound calls, i.e. when the phone is ringing, there is a flashing red light on the phone (kind of redundant unless I turn off the ringer physically.  When I pick up the handset to make call, the light is also flashing at a different rate indicating a healthy dial tone.

I wonder if I can configure the OBi110 to flash when there is a voice mail, similar to a real IP phone I have at work?

If so, how can I set this up?

TIA!

Tango

As much as I hate to reply to my own question: it may not be possible because the telephone (Signature Series) does not seem to have such feature! When I eventually found an online manual, there is no such capability as I hope :(!

(Edited to add "no" before "such capability", intended but missed at time of first typing)

202Owner

These OBi settings are required:

SP1 Service
Calling Features::MWIEnable = Enabled ;stutter tone message waiting indication on PH1.
Calling Features::X_VMWIEnable = Enabled ;visual message waiting indication on PH1.

Then your device must support the OBi message waiting signaling.

ipse

I'm dating myself...but I used to have one of those phones and I don't remember the light being correlated with VM...only ring (for hearing impaired).
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain