News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Started by ceg3, October 29, 2014, 06:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

I saw some earlier discussion of using an OBi for Skype calling. Anybody doing this successfully?

azrobert

I used the Skype setup in the past, but I'm currently not using it.

You can place outbound Skype calls by defining a Speed Dial like this:
spx(echo123@skype.jetnumbers.com)

spx must be a SP trunk number defined as SIP.

mrjoe

Can anyone confirm that this still works?

It doesn't seem to work for me.

drgeoff

I tried it yesterday and it did ring the Skype app on my tablet.  But I think the audio didn't work in one direction.  I didn't investigate further.

WelshPaul

I can't get this to work here in the UK.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

azrobert

The Skype Echo test worked for me. Here is another solution. Don't know if it still works.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3920.0

drgeoff

I repeated my jetnumbers test above and confirmed that the call from an OBi110 speed dial goes through with audio from OBi to Skype (on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0) but no audio in the other direction.  A call to the Skype echo test number confirms the tablet's microphone and audio sending is working.  I'm in the UK.

azrobert

The Skype Echo test and calling my Skype ID worked via Jetnumbers.
Both had 2 way audio.
Skype was installed on a Windows Vista machine.

azrobert

A long time ago I had Skype setup on a free Comfytel account, but I can't get it to work.
I just had a speed dial setup like this:
sp2(99910echo123@sip.comfytel.com;ui=99922223333:password)
99922223333:password is your Comfytel account# and password
99910 designated it as a Skype call.
I don't have time to screw with this.
Does anyone want to volunteer to get this to work?

This is from their Features Page:
Skype Calling
ComfyTel allows Skype fans to continue using Skype clients. You can define your Skype ID as one of the phones at your disposal and set it up to ring when your Reach Number is called, as well as make outbound calls using, for example, the ComfyTel WebPhone GUI. In other words, you will no longer require SkypeOut or SkypeIn to communicate with the regular phones - ComfyTel will provide the inter-working.
Additionally, you can use the Skype messaging capability to control your account settings and initiate calls by sending instructions to ComfyTel SkypeID.
ComfyTel also enables "toll-free" Skyping - anybody on Skype can call you without a need to buy SkypeOut credits. All your callers need to do is to send a message with one of your Reach Numbers to the ComfyTel SkypeID, or click on the CallMe Link you provided. ComfyTel will skype the caller back and, when the caller answers, will ring you and connect you to the caller.

http://www.comfytel.com/Features.aspx

drgeoff

I've tried to call the Skype echo test number by defining a speed dial as sp2(echo123@skype.jetnumbers.com) on my OBi110.  I've tried calling that speed-dial several times but always I hear one burst of ringing and then nothing.  The OBi's call history show the call going out to echo123@skype.jetnumbers.com as expected.

azrobert

I was able to reproduce your problem by unchecking X_DiscoverPublicAddress.
Try checking it.

ianobi

There may be a lot of variables here - as always! A few months ago sp2(echo123@skype.jetnumbers.com) used to work for me. Now it does not. I need to have X_DiscoverPublicAddress unchecked, but I tried checking it and that did not solve my problem. It did give me a burst of ringing and no audio, which was an improvement as before I was getting neither.

My solution was to use the speed dial in this format:
sp2(echo123@skype.jetnumbers.com;op=s)

To make this work you do need to have a STUN server set up on ITSP Profile B > General but STUNEnable can be left unchecked. The "op=s" function will use the STUN server regardless.

Now the Skype echo test works for me with X_DiscoverPublicAddress checked or unchecked.

drgeoff

I was away all day yesterday.  On resuming my experiments today 5 November, without any changes by me to the settings I was using on 3 November, all calls from my Obi via jetnumbers.com to the Skype echo test and the Skype account on the Samsung tablet are failing with the Obiman's voice saying "The number you dialled .... was rejected by the service provider.  Reason is 603.

I'm guessing that the little flurry of activity caused by discussion here has appeared on some 'radar' at jetnumbers.com and the route has been intentionally disabled.

ianobi

drgeoff - you may well be right. As you can see from Reply #11 I had this working reliably yesterday. I have just tried it and now I get no audio either way and the call fails.

Interestingly, OBiMan simply reads out the number and does not give me any reason for the failure. Also, there is no call fail code recorded in Call History.

azrobert

SipToSis Skype Gateway:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3920.msg37945#msg37945

I verified the Skype Gateway is still working.
I successfully called the Skype echo test.