News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto attendant questions

Started by Mooserator, November 04, 2014, 07:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooserator

Brand new Obi user.  Purchased an Obi200 unit ~2 weeks ago.  Current have it configured for two service providers:  SP1 is Google Voice and SP2 is Phonepower (Obi user unlimited plan).  SP2  / Phonepower is configured as the primary service.  Interested in using the Auto Attendant to make long distance from my work place.  This would prevent LD charges to my employer.  Thought I had it figured out, but evidently not.  Here is how it went:

1.  Added my cell phone number as a trusted number.
2.  Called the Auto Attendant using the cell phone, setup a call back to my work phone.  (Note, I can't call the Obi AA from my desk because the caller id is not my desk extension number...it is the main facility number.  I don't want to add the facility number as a trusted caller since other people may call my home from work, and they should not get the AA).
3.  AA called my desk phone...success!
4.  Chose option #2 to make a new call.
5.  Input the number I wanted to connect to.
6.  It rang...success?
7.  When the destination picked up the call, it disconnected ME...FAIL!

What am I doing wrong?  Do I need specify SP1 (Google Voice) for one of the call segments?  I really want the Phonepower number showing up on the caller ID for the person I am calling, rather than the GV number.

Advice, help, and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
Ryan.

azrobert

You also have to specify a Primary Line for the AA.

Using OBi Expert
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Primary Line: SP2 service

I don't know why your call is disconnecting.

This is how to use OBi Expert:
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable Obi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.

Click Obi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBi200 is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Service Providers
Then click ITSP Profile A General
There 2 boxes to the right of each setting
To change a setting uncheck the box under ObiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the setting
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi200 and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.

azrobert

There is another callback method.
You call the OBi200.
When you hear the ringback wait a couple seconds then hang up.
The OBi200 will make the callback based on the callerid.
If you are the only person using this method the AA can be easily changed to call your work number.

This is the default AA DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

This is the rule that sets your callerid as the callback number: <00:$1>
When you hangup the AA sends "00" to the Digitmap.
$1 is a variable containing your callerid.
The above rule replaces "00" with your callerid.
Change the rule to: <00:12223334444>
1-222-333-4444 is your work number.

Disclaimer:
I've used this callback method, but I never changed it like this.

Mooserator

Thank you for the suggestions.  The call back based on caller id is understood, but not really needed at this point.  At work, there is the desk phone versus caller id issue.  And outside of work I still want to be able to use it, so I don't want to "hard code" the call back number.

The primary line for the AA is already specified.  It lists "SP2 Service".  I just verified this setting within the Obi Expert.  A screen shot is attached.

I am still stuck with the disconnect.  Does AA require the VOIP service provide "two lines"?  The first line connects the Obi to me, and the second connects the Obi to the destination...?  Phonepower only provides me a single line.

azrobert

Yes, it requires 2 lines.
One line to call you back and another to make the outbound call.
Change the AA Primary line to SP1.
When you make the outbound call dial **218005551212
Now the AA will use GV to call you and PP for the outbound call.

Maybe I wasn't clear on my post about the callback.
You would call the OBi200 with your cell.
After you hangup the AA would normally make the callback to your cell based on callerid.
I changed code so the AA will call your work number instead of your cell.
Now you don't have to enter your callback number.

azrobert

Try the following with AA Primary Line set to SP2.

Add the following to the beginning of the AA OutboundCallRoute.
{(1?2223334444):sp1},

2223334444 is your work number.
Now the AA will use SP1 for the callback to your work and PP for outbound.

azrobert

I'm sorry for my post on the automatic callback. I forgot how this works. I don't have time to correct my post now. I will post back later.

Mooserator

All good, thx.  The auto callback feature is less important to me than figuring out how to get the outbound call to connect without disconnecting me.

Two lines appears to be the issue.  Thank you for confirming.  I have now successfully used AA to call out through SP1 (GV), which apparently support two lines.  In addition, I have been able to have AA call me back using SP1 (GV) then successfully connect the outbound call through SP2 (PP).

This second method is preferred in my case to ensure the caller id reads the PP number.  Easy enough to either call in on the GV number to access the AA, or have it call me back using the **1 prefix.

The original issue does appear to be PP limiting the Obi service plan to a single line.  No biggie, now I understand it and have a way to work around it.

Thank you again for the help!  :)

azrobert

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> InboundCallRoute
In the above inbound route you have a rule that looks like this:
{(x.cccccccccc):aa}             cccccccccc = your cell#

Change it to:
{(x.cccccccccc):aa(1wwwwwwwwww)}    wwwwwwwwww = work#

Call the OBi200 via SP2 (PP) and hangup after 1 ring.
The AA will use the work# for callback.
If you don't hangup the AA will work normally.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> InboundCallRoute
Change the rule to this:
{(x.cccccccccc):aa($1)}

Call the OBi200 via SP1 (GV) and hangup after 1 ring.
The AA will use the inbound callerid for callback.
If you don't hangup the AA will work normally.

Mooserator

Great configuration, thank you!  I get it now.  That is a good way to automate the cell phone handling, and direct the call back to my desk.

I found another way as well, similar to your suggestions.  I modified the SP1 (GV) InboundCallRoute to direct my work number (facility caller id) to the AA.  No one at work will have this GV number - only me.  Calls from other people at my work would go to the SP2 (PP) number, where the AA will not pick up the call.  This configuration serves multiple purposes: 
1) Removes the dependence on my cell phone to initiate the call.
2) Supports the inbound call on SP1 (GV), while keeping SP2 (PP) open for the outbound call.
3) SP2 (PP) still listed as the primary AA service, so there is no need to key in **1 or **2 for calls initiated from my desk.
4) Allows anyone at work to call me at home (SP2) without the AA picking up the call.

I am learning quickly.  A huge thank you for the examples.  I still may incorporate parts of them into my setup!