News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I get the Obi1032 Headset to work?

Started by man8, November 04, 2014, 09:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man8

This is my first post and I'm stoked about migrating from my Polycom 650 and Cisco 7942 to Obi1032.
I've recommended Obi's ATA to my friends for years and glad to see a OBI1032 as an option.

I've been using the Plantronics W02 with the Polycom 650 and when I switched over to the OBI1032, the headset does not seem to work at all.

Has anyone ran into similar issues with the headset setup or is there something I need to do?
I've checked the Preferences and the Rj9 is selected as the Preferred Headset Device.

Thanks,
M

Boykin

I have a Jabra Motion office headset that I am using with a 1032.  It was working fine until I installed the latest firmware update.  After that, it stopped working.  I reran the setup process on the headset, and I would hear a dial tone when changing channels, but not when it was on a channel.  I reverted back to a previous firmware version and my headset works great again. 

drgeoff

man8

Thanks perhaps there might be an update soon that would resolve this then.

I just started using the 1032 and on my first call, i was dropped three times on an hour call.
each drop was around 15 minutes or so and fairly consistent to this timeline.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I also have a 202 that did not drop on a full 30 minute call.

Thanks for chiming in.

M

SteveInWA

With regard to the headset bug:

In the mean time, if your headset has a headset/handset toggle switch, you can use it by placing it in a chain (in series) with the phone's handset.  Unplug the handset cord from its jack on the OBi phone.  Instead, plug a jumper cord from the headset control to the handset jack on the phone.  Plug the handset cable into the handset jack on the headset base.  Lift the handset off the phone when you want to answer or make a call.

Boykin

Quote from: man8 on November 05, 2014, 11:29:02 AM

I just started using the 1032 and on my first call, i was dropped three times on an hour call.
each drop was around 15 minutes or so and fairly consistent to this timeline.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for chiming in.

M

What service provider were you using when the call dropped? 

man8

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 05, 2014, 07:09:47 PM

In the mean time, if your headset has a headset/handset toggle switch, you can use it by placing it in a chain (in series) with the phone's handset.  Unplug the handset cord from its jack on the OBi phone.  Instead, plug a jumper cord from the headset control to the handset jack on the phone.  Plug the handset cable into the handset jack on the headset base.  Lift the handset off the phone when you want to answer or make a call.

While I wait for the update, this is how I have it.
However, the Obihai doesn't know when the headset is 'on' ... I still have to pick up the hand set for the headset to work.

man8

Quote from: Boykin on November 06, 2014, 10:15:58 AM
Quote from: man8 on November 05, 2014, 11:29:02 AM

Thanks for chiming in.

M

What service provider were you using when the call dropped? 

I use PGI's conf.  Since I was hosting the call, after jumping on the call during the second time.
Everyone told me, I was the only one that dropped. 

After the third drop, I dialed back in using my cell.

I haven't had this since my first call (knock on wood) and hoping  it wont return.

SteveInWA

Quote from: man8 on November 08, 2014, 10:18:05 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on November 05, 2014, 07:09:47 PM

In the mean time, if your headset has a headset/handset toggle switch, you can use it by placing it in a chain (in series) with the phone's handset.  Unplug the handset cord from its jack on the OBi phone.  Instead, plug a jumper cord from the headset control to the handset jack on the phone.  Plug the handset cable into the handset jack on the headset base.  Lift the handset off the phone when you want to answer or make a call.

While I wait for the update, this is how I have it.
However, the Obihai doesn't know when the headset is 'on' ... I still have to pick up the hand set for the headset to work.

Correct.  Since you are now (temporarily) using the phone's HANDset port, you need to pick it up, to have sound go through the HEADset, which is plugged into the handset port.   ;)

Just  set the handset aside while you are on the call, and return it to the hung-up position when you are done.